Migraine coming on... I'm out of Meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gothbubbles, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

Argh. I hate having CFS... I am out of meds, and can't get more because I'm housebound. And it's late at night, so my little helpers can't help me.

It's a migraine too. I'm getting my "aura".

SO much for the prospect of sleep tonight (yay insomnia)
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Do you by chance have clonazepam (Klonopin)? I know you said you were out of meds, but that could be your usual migraine meds. I accidentally discovered clonazepam could head off a migraine, and even puts a big dent in it if its well established.

Jeanne
  3. baanders

baanders New Member

I know how you feel, dear. The caffeine will really restrict the blood vessels and coke takes away nausea. Just a little at a time, so you will be able to sleep. Do you have anything OTC...Benadryl to knock you out, Tylenol, ibuprofen, Aleeve?

Prayers be with you.

baanders
  4. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

I can't take caffeine I have a heart condition.

I'll try the hot towel, cold bath for my feet Since i'm housebound and too sick. (I haven't done my own dishes for, gosh, years now!)

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try and ride out this storm. It's coming on nice and slow, I have some nasty sharp pain in the back left-side of my head and some major nausea. If I don't turn my head much I do better. I'm probably only making it worse messing around on the computer. I'm a doofus.

Oh, my usually medication is that when I feel ANY headache coming on I immediately take several tylenol. I'm blessed that it actually does work on most of my migraines (they come on slow enough thankfully) but if I don't take meds soon enough, it doesn't touch it and I just get a migraine.

I know klonipn works for a lot of people, but I get away with OTC meds. [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2006]