Migraines and Fibro!! Any advice please!!.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by juliejo, Dec 11, 2005.

1. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Hi everyone,
    Sorry not been on here for a while as have very serious family issues to deal with.

Do any of you get migraines with Fm so bad that you think you are going crazy!!.
    I think they are stress related myself.
    Mine start a few days before when i seem to go into a bad Fm flare and feel dreadful.
    I usually get a tingling tongue about 12 hours before i get one as well.
    They last about 3 days and i weep bucket i feel so depressed as well with them.
    Funny thing is they go as quick as they come on day 3 and all my symptons lift as does the depression.
    I am seeing my Gp this Friday as i can't stand these anymore.

Any advice most welcolme.
    Love Juliejoxx
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I have had daily headaches since 1987.I get about 3-9 migraines a month(major hormonal ones esp.)Most of them come from my neck.Not stress related. I have disc trouble but the Dr. ignores this.So I live with a constant neckache.As for my migraines,I treat them with Imitrex injections or Amerge,depending on the time of month.
  3. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Julie...Yes, migraines seem to go along with FM for some of us. I have had migraines for 5 years, and feel nauseated and/or have a big increase in fibro pain before mine (but only sometimes).

My 3rd neurologist finally found a combination of drugs (Inderal and Nortriptyline) that are working for prevention. I was having 15-25 days per month with migraines and am way down now to 4-5 per month! For me, it is a miracle as many doctors had given up on me!

Hang in there, and hopefully your doctor will work with you. God Bless you....if I can give you any more info, let me know. B
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I have headaches and have had them for years. More than half my life I think!

I sometimes get what my sister calls fuzzy eye. My vision gets a dark area in the middle. I can see through it, but it is hard to see.

I find if I take and Imitrex while I have the fuzzy eye and don't wait until the pain starts I can sometimes, not always, but sometimes, head if off before it gets really bad.

Imitrex has really changed my life. I used to lose two or three days every month because I had to have a shot of demeral. Imitrex makes me sleepy and nausuas (sp) but it goes away within an hour and I can deal with that.

Ask you doc. Maybe that would work for you.

Hugzz,
    Greenbean
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Julie I get a lot of migraines. Yes stress for me is a major trigger. In my case doing anything with my upper body with puts the neck and shoulders into spasm (raking leaves, hanging laundry....). Also that time of the month.

This spring the migraines were getting so bad with increased family stress and lack of sleep that I was having 2-3 days a week with a migraine, just cycling in and out of one after another. I started taking Amitriptyline 20 mg at bedtime to help me sleep and this has really helped me. Right now I am having only 1-2 a month. I also take imitrex, 100 mg, when I know a migraine is starting.

I have also found that a chiropractic adjustment and massage of my neck and back 1-2 time as month really helps me and fortunately I have insurance coverage for most of the cost.

good luck at the doctor appointment hugs Marion
  6. cczub

cczub New Member

I use it 2-3 times a week when I get one. Seems to help withing 1 hour or so.... I try not to take them though if it's late in the days as they have 75mg of caffinee each I believe.

They do work for me though!

Good Luck
  7. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Thanks everyone above for replying. It means so much to me.
    I am so much better today but i am seeing the Doctor this Friday for something stronger to take when i get these "HEADS".

Thanks again.
    Juliejo.x