MIGRIANES AND FLARE UPS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Momskelleygirl, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Momskelleygirl

Momskelleygirl New Member

UP UNTIL MY DX, INEVER NOTIV=CED THAT MY MIGRAINES CAME ALONF WITHFIBRO SYMPOMS. ONCE I BECAME AWARE OF FIBRO, I STARTED TO NOTICE THAT SLTHOUGH WE WERE CONTAING MOST MIGRAINES, IF I HAVE A REALLY SUPER BEDRIDDEN FLARE UP I WOULD GET MIGRAINE, AND AS THEY SAY ON A PAINSCALE OF 0-20 MINE GET TO THE 9 STAGE, AND A TIMES I WOULD RATHE BE HAVING A BABY. DOES ANYONE ELSE GET TESE HORRIBLE MIGRAINES DURING FLAREUPS?

WOULD AOORECIATE ANY INFO.

tHANKS kELLLY
    mYE FOR AWHILE.
  2. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I get them a lot more often during flare ups, but always around my period. I think there's a definite connection. I can feel them coming on, and nothing I can do will stop them, though if I take aspirin as soon as I realize one is coming, they don't seem to get quite as bad. Otherwise, they're almost blinding!
  3. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

I've never been certain which comes first or which causes what...the migraine causing the flare or vice versa.

They do come together though. I just treat the migraine pain and rest. Both come after stress, good or bad, it doesn't matter which.

Peace,

Sandra
  4. Momskelleygirl

Momskelleygirl New Member

5. Mtnflower

Mtnflower New Member

Immatrix is not the only med for migraines. I take Maxalt -MR. It is a tablet that dissolves under your tongue and also works in 20 minutes.

Migraines can ve affected by hormones so often they are triggered during periods.

I have more migraines during flares

Hope this helps.
    Mtnflower
  6. Mia_Ayla

Mia_Ayla New Member

Yes, I suffered from migraines before with my period. Now I have them daily and they're even worse with my period. There is also Zomig zmt which is also a sumatriptan, but works on one more nerve group. I've tried ALL the migraine medicines and this one is the best for me. IT appears that it is common for people to get headaches with this - my belief is that there is some intracranial hypertension. Diamox has worked well for a lot of people - you might want to ask your DR. about it. I tried it and it was helpful. Oout of curiosity- is your blood pressure also low?

Mia
  7. caring

caring New Member

I do not claim this to work for everyone it worked for one of my nephews so I tell people that I hear that have migraines and they look at me with , say what?

What he did 3 years ago is start taking a daily dose of B2 of 400mg. He takes this daily headache or no headache.

He has had very few headaches and none that have landed him in the ER since he's been doing this and he had gotten so he was an ER patient once a week.

Where he found to do this I don't know, his wife is an MD and I don't know if she researched it or not but it would be worth a try IMHO.

in friendship
    caring
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...it is the only prescription medication I take-----my migraines don't come too often, but are horrible when they do. Maxalt does the trick for me, takes care of nausea & the blinding headache.

Mine seem to come as often as every three weeks, sometimes as little as every six weeks. I do not get them in connection with an FM flare, usually, though, or with my period.

Hugs,
    Pam