Miki .. admire your way of handling stress

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tunes, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Tunes

Tunes New Member

Hi Miki,

Read your post on how you handle people who add stress to our lives. I think I'll have to do some serious practicing!

I used to stuff, stuff, stuff, take it, take take it, and sooner or later something has got to give. The ole elastic band can stretch just so far and no farther.

Currently I'm to the point, that if it's my dime, if it's my health, and if I'm treated as a substandard human or incompetently by some professional in the medical arena, or some so called profession who shouldn't stick their nose in it in the first place, I have found telling some what trees make shingles vent the whole affair immediately. Like taking the cork out of the bottle. There are days I don't have the strength, then at the next opportunity .. I let loose. Not violently of course, but I tend to go for the juglar with words. Kind of knocks some back into their saddle.

I really need to work on your approach.

Take care,
    Tunes
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Getting to the point..Like Mikie said and explained. It takes time, don't happen overnight. Working on yourself, before everyone else is a start. Used to be like that too..Taking it. In ways I am thankful for Fibro.. Its helped in sorting me out. I am a better person because of it. Don't take no poop from no one no more. Have around me as much as I can ones that I love, are friends, supportive, caring and giving. I am no longer a rug for everyone to wipe their feet and butts on.
    I hope others rid of the stressors from their lives. Still working on it too.. Don't get me wrong. Not perfect. It just takes time, don't happen overnight.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your kind words. And, no, it doesn't happen overnight. Getting older and mellower probably also played a role for me.

Knowing that stress is our worst enemy certainly helps me to decide what to keep and what to kick to the curb.

When someone is rude, opinionated, insensitive, etc., I usually realize that I have no right to be offended; it's his or her problem, not mine. I do have a right to remove myself from that person and will if necessary. I then say a little prayer for him or her because I realize he or she needs it. It's just not worth it to stick around and be stressed out.

Love, Mikie