Miki - Welcome your input regarding Herxing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dalphia, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Miki, I just wanted to know if you might share your experience with me the first time you began the Herxing process. I began the Fermir last Wednesday, 8 days ago, along with the Antiviral I.V. at Atlanta FFC. Thought I had turned the corner after the vomiting stopped but continue to have the zapping like feelings in my brain, vision blurring, just a sickly feeling. Haven't gotten to work, church, just sick. The strange feelings of zappers going off in the brain is often somewhat scary.

In addition, the rapid, pulsating heart beats and shortness of air breaths continue. I'm currently being treated for Epstein Barr then in 3 more weeks I'll begin treatment for another of the four problems reflected from my blood analysis.

Babesia, Mycoplasma, CMV (bacterial), plus waiting on the Lyme report. After researching Babesia, I find it is most often a co-infection from Lyme...........so, in essence, I'm feeling strongly my main problem is Lyme.........

I've read your post and you have corresponded to one or two of my Post which I appreciated and I remember you have Lyme.
    So, are you finished with your treatments for Lyme at the FFC? "And please, how long did your hexing go on when you firt began treatment.........guess I'll have to endure more to come with each new treatment process..........I'll hang in there but it surely isn't an easy thing to do.

Any support will be most appreciated.

Thanks and God Bless you. (By the way, how are yo doing with the Lyme.........is it in remission????????)

DD
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If it were me, I would call about the zapping in the brain. That sounds more like seizure activity which may have been made worse, and more noticible, by the treatments. Klonopin is excellent for stopping the seizure activity which is a common problem for us. I don't think it is usually a symptom of Herxing, but we are all different. In any case, I think it should be reported to your docs.

I have never been tested for Lyme nor been to the FFC. I started out developing my own regimen before there were any FFC's. My CFIDS was triggered in Dec. of 1990 by a mycoplasma infection, the same thing which is common in vets with Gulf War Illness. At the time, I lived next to a military facility where troops were being vaccinated prior to deployment in the first Gulf War. I have always suspected my CFIDS is really GWI which may actually be one and the same.

If I have had Lyme Disease, the Doxycycline and TF C have probably gotten it under control. Many of our infections are probably infections of opportunity and the more we treat them and start to heal, the faster and faster the synergystic effect becomes apparent. Most of us with bacterial infections have reactivated Herpes Family Viruses. Both need to be addressed.

I've noticed that the FFC's aggressively treat these infections. It is possible to have too severe a reaction to these treatments which can produce a toxic shock-like reaction. If the Herxing gets out of hand, talk to your docs about it to see if they can help you with this. Some of us are more infected and some of us are more sensitive. The more pathogens being killed, the more severe the Herx.

My first Herx came three days after beginning the Doxy and it was the only med I was taking to kill pathogens. I Herx hard and fast; they usually only last 24-48 hours with burning or chilling in my torso, headaches, smelly and profuse sweating, and diarrhea from hell which smells like decomposition. Sorry to gross you out here.

I drink a lot of water and rest when I am Herxing. Others say to add some lemon to the water. I often do that as I think lemons are excellent for our health.

Each time I added a treatment, like the AV and Heparin, I Herxed again. I am now down to only using the TF's regularly and I Herx each time I pulse them. My Herxes aren't as severe as in the beginning. Most of these pathogens are slow to kill off and it can take years to get rid of the stragglers. The Herpes Viruses never leave the body but they can be forced into latency where they cause no symptoms.

I'm not well--yet, but I continue to make progress. I think we will always have to be careful and get plenty of good rest. I do believe that there will be a cure in the not too distant future or, at least, better treatment options. Until then, I believe we are on the right path. Almost all of us who have addressed the infections have improved but it takes time.

Good luck to you and I hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is rolling over so I'm bumping it.

Love, Mikie