Mikie - A Question for you.........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amymb74, Oct 30, 2002.

1. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

Actually 2 - I started taking Doxycycline yesterday. How long before you had a herxheimer reaction? Also, should this be taken alone? I take the Doxycycline/meals & my supplements - can the Doxy. & suppl. be taken together? Thanks.AMY
  2. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

Actually 2 - I started taking Doxycycline yesterday. How long before you had a herxheimer reaction? Also, should this be taken alone? I take the Doxycycline/meals & my supplements - can the Doxy. & suppl. be taken together? Thanks.AMY
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

for the info. I will keep you posted....AMY
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Doxy should not be taken with supplements. Magnesium can render it ineffective. My Herx happened three days into the treatment. It made me sick for 24-48 hours and I felt like I had the flu. Some people get sick for several weeks. It's important to drink tons of water to flush out the dead critters before they can release toxins in the body. The good news is that the Herx is your signal that the Doxy is killing of pathogens in your system.

My Herxes are distinguished by a burning feeling in my torso area from the inside out. Having a Herx is the only time I get this. I also get Herxes from overusing my zapper to rid myself of viruses. The initial Herx is the worst with the Doxy. You may get others over time, but they will likely be milder.

Using colloidal silver helps the Doxy do its job too. It is also good for ridding the bod of viruses, worms and fungi.

Love, Mikie