Mikie, a question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, May 12, 2003.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

Mikie, in the thread about thyroid and diets, high vs low protein, you mentioned decreasing the use of grains. If grains are sprouted, are they used differently by the body than unsprouted? I usually eat (and enjoy!) the Food for Life sprouted grain breads, thinking that they are healthier for me than regular whole grain flour breads. Am I fooling myself?

And just for my two and a half cents, I feel better when I eat protein and avoid sugars and simple carbohydrates. I also avoid high fructose corn syrup like the plague. Nasty stuff. I know we're all different, and FMS strikes each of us differently, but seems there are similarities as well.

Ok, I'm rambling again!

Thanks,
    Beth.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The thing to do is to look at the list of ingredients, which I'm sure you already do. If the first ingredient is bleached flour, put it back. There are some good breads made from whole and sprouted grains, especially in the healthfood stores. Same is true for cereals. Most of these things just have too many carbs, so if I eat them, it's for breakfast so I have time to burn it off.

Love, Mikie