Mikie...about coral calsium and guai

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seaview, Dec 7, 2002.

1. seaview

seaview New Member

Ok, truth be known....I was lying in bed(something I never get to do with 5 kids)and saw infomercial. Looked it up on search here and sounded interesting. Now, what I want to know is if all ingredients are ok with guai protocol? I am on my 4th week(total 1800mg a day) and am still dealing with lots of pain. I cut every supplement out(as you suggested to do at first)but would like to add back in my ATP and a calcium.So, would this coral calcium(I beleve the mans name is Baredoot) be ok ? Read someones post that Pro health carries it. Please give me your opinion. I know his had lots of other minerals. My appetite is pretty low so I know I am not getting what I need through diet. Thank you for your time....Kathleen
  2. seaview

seaview New Member

Ok, truth be known....I was lying in bed(something I never get to do with 5 kids)and saw infomercial. Looked it up on search here and sounded interesting. Now, what I want to know is if all ingredients are ok with guai protocol? I am on my 4th week(total 1800mg a day) and am still dealing with lots of pain. I cut every supplement out(as you suggested to do at first)but would like to add back in my ATP and a calcium.So, would this coral calcium(I beleve the mans name is Baredoot) be ok ? Read someones post that Pro health carries it. Please give me your opinion. I know his had lots of other minerals. My appetite is pretty low so I know I am not getting what I need through diet. Thank you for your time....Kathleen
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Again, 1800 mgs. is a VERY heavy dose for so early in the game. It took me more than a year to build to this dose.

I do not know what other ingredients are in these products. Anything which is derived from botanticals will block the Guai. I never thought anything about the magnesium and went ahead and was taking the ZMA. Low and behold, it was blocking the Guai because the magnesium is derived from veggies. So, you have to read the labels carefully for ingredients and the origin of the supplement. Even then, it is sometimes impossible to determine when a mineral or substance is botanically derived.

I cannot answer your question; I'm sorry. You will have to either read the ingredients carefully and/or try it. It can take quite a bit for the signs of blocking to show up. Eventually, if the Guai is being blocked, your pain and fatigue will return.

Love, Mikie