MIKIE: ?? about what can I post

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Jul 3, 2003.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Senate bill S. 722 is going to be voted on in the next 2 weeks - if it's passed it will expand the FDAs powers over dietary supplements and could very well limit our access to vitamins, herbs, etc.

Here's my dilemna:
    There's a webpage that if I could post it would allow everyone to automatically send an email to their specific state senators just by clicking on what state you live in, adding your own info, and adding or deleting anything from their sample letter, which would make it SO EASY for those of us who have cognitive problems. However, the website is too complicated to give hints to, and is connected to the NNFA, National Nutritional Foods Assoc.

On the other hand, if you type Senate bill S. 722 into google, the top website gives the gov't website to find your senators by state and gives a sample email to send. But that involves more steps than the first site.

On the third hand, I could with your permission post the gov website to find your senators emails and a sample of what I sent, which is still more complicated than the first as it still involves finding each senator's email address, etc., but maybe the best way around this dilemna?

I don't see anything on immunesupport's website about this bill either, which concerns me, concerning the very real effects this bill could have on all of us on this website.

If you want to look at the websites in question, let me know.

Thanks, Victoria
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2003]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have been asked to not make exceptions about the URL rule. Why don't you e-mail James the Webmaster and ask him if he will make an exception in this case and especially since it's a government website.

I know that advocacy is near and dear to our founder's heart and you might mention that to him in your e-mail.

I'm sorry I can't help you, but James can make this decision for you.

Love, Mikie
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Is his address at the bottom of the rules page?

Wasn't sure, as the email comes up as
    techsupport@immunesupport.com

Can't see anywhere else to email him directly --

Or shouuld I just post on the board like I did to you?

Thanks!
    Victoria
  4. James

James Guest

Actually that email address is invalid.
    Please go to the last text on the bottom of the page that says "Contact Us".
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I should have told her to click on the link at the bottom of the page.

Love, Mikie
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

OK, went to "contact us", then "General Office," then "Webmaster" -- and sent the email. Hope it gets to you.

Thanks ,Victoria