Mikie - Achey shoulders caused by Fungi????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PatPalmer, Jul 16, 2003.

1. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

This is in response to your response on the Leaky Gut Syndrome post.

I have had achey shoulders off and on for ages and have IBS too. This is a revelation. Where was your source of info on this?

Pat.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have read this in several places, but it has been a long time, and I don't remember the sources of this info. Also, I never read any explanation of why people with LGS have shoulder pain. The sources I got the info from were reliable in my estimation.

I would say that most people do not have healthy guts. The gut is the key to a healthy body and if one has a sick gut, it is impossible to be healthy. It's so strange that my IBS disappeared when I started taking the Doxycycline, so I suspect the mycoplasmas were causing the IBS. I have been using probiotics for years, long before the Doxy. I have also been using papaya enzymes.

I am allergic to wheat, so I know that I developed this back before I started taking better care of myself. I can now eat a little wheat from time to time without any distress.

Love, Mikie
  3. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

I don`t get a painful shoulder which quite a few seem to suffer with, is this more the symptom you mention?

My ache is more a general across the top - could be that I spend too long on the PC sat hunched over the keyboard...

Thanks for the info too - very useful.

Love Pat.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't recall that the articles I read stated what kind of pain it was. It just stated that pain in the shoulders is often one of the first symptoms of Leaky Gut Syndrome. Of cours, most of us with these illnesses suffer from painful shoulders, so this info may be of limited value to us; however, if one is having gut problems and pain in the shoulders, it may be an indicator.

Love, Mikie