Mikie and New Guai Group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmh, Mar 12, 2006.

1. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Mikie and all,

I have a question: What about dishwashing liquid? Bathroom cleansers? All-purpose cleansers/windex?

I have yet to find any info on these for salicylates. I try to wear rubber gloves, but don't always.

Thanks again, Mikie and everyone...Ann
  2. bigmh

bigmh New Member

3. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Hello Ann...I know that Dee listed dishwashing sopa in her find of no-sal products. She also said that wearing gloves is a must.

I slept all day yesterday and that seems to be the side effect for me cutting out all sals...sleep sleep sleep. I haven't seen anyone else , anywhere say that a side effect of taking guai is sleeping so much! I am certainly wondering about this...my gosh, yesterday I was actually sound asleep for 6 hours of the DAY! yikes

I hope it changes as I become accustomed to the protocol.

Jana
  4. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Jana...thanks for your response. I tried to find the reference by Dee, but haven't yet.

I will be interested to see what the guai gurus :) say about your sleep! Hopefully it is a good response.

I have felt better yesterday afternoon and this morning than I have felt in a long time!! I know that a couple of days may not be representative of the guai, but nevertheless, I'll take good hours/days whenever and for whatever reason!

I am having a LOT of hot flashes, though. I already take Estroven and drink soy for peri-menopausal hot flashes, but they were pretty much under control until I started the guai. Oh well...

I hope Dee is doing good. It's so nice to keep in touch since we're all on the same path.

Have a good day...Ann
  5. bigmh

bigmh New Member

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Which contains plant material will contain sals. Like with everything else, you just have to read the labels. If you can't find one without sals, I suggest wearing gloves. I do so few dishes by hand that I don't bother to find a sal-free dishwashing detergent.

Y'all know that in my case, it's "do as I say and not as I do." It's essential when starting the Guai treatment to start it sal free. I've been on it so long and can tolerate a small level of sals and have become more sloppy in eliminating them. This isn't a good example for everyone else.

Love, Mikie
  7. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Thanks again, Mikie, for your response. The sal-free thing is getting easier. Blessings, Ann
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, it does get easier as time goes by. I think it's just the whole idea in the beginning which can be a bit intimidating.

Love, Mikie
  9. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I posted on the old thread.
    Jana I'm glad your ok asleep but ok, maybe your body is just tired. I'll look in my new book from Dr. St.Amand and see if it says anything about sleeping lots when you first start Guai.
    Dish Soap-Dawn Ultra, Palmolive green and Ivory(originals only) are all sal-free, but watch for citrus or botanicals and ALWAYS read the ingredients before you buy it. I use gloves or (Gloves in a bottle) when using the other cleaning stuff in the bathroom ect... I listed some other sal-free products on the old post.
    Good night all,
    Dee50

[This Message was Edited on 03/14/2006]