Mikie and others about Transfer Factor/antivirals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gracepartaker, Sep 9, 2006.

1. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

I have tested positive to past exposure to EBV and CMV. I am a part of an HMO so they are not willing to do antivirals. Which I respect it's a HMO

So I am considering Transfer Factor and would appreciate any input I can receive.

I tried probiotics two different times and had a strong reaction (tired, diarrea)

So I'm concerned about my ability to do TF

Thank you for all this help you guys are.

Blessings Sally
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can understand your being hesitant after your experience with the pb's. You might want to start with just plain colostrum or the TF Basic, which is a souped-up colostrum. You can open the capsules and sprinkle just a wee bit under your tongue. That way, you can guage your reaction without overdoing it and causing a BIG immune response. If you do well on these, you can switch to the TF's which target these pathogens.

Be sure to discuss this with your doc. I am in an HMO as well but my docs have had no problem getting the AV's for me. Famvir is expensive because it is a newer AV. Acyclovir is cheap but it can upset my stomach. To tell you the truth, I feel the TF's are really superior to anything else I've tried.

If you doc wants more info, you can print out info on the TF's. My pain doc suggested them to me. The doc who originally came up with the idea of the TF's was a Harvard graduate and my doc really respected him.

I take the pb's, colostrum, and undenatured whey, all sold here. I believe they have helped my immune system a lot. No Rx is needed for any of these, but one's doc should be informed of them. Best of luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

I so appreciate your responses.
  4. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

I so appreciate your responses.