MIKIE AND SHIRL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Jul 1, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

It is so good to see a post from you. I have thought about you often and wondered if you are ok.
    You were here when I first came here a couple of years ago.
    I'm sorry you are dealing with depression and other problems.
    I have had a rough year with anxiety so bad I could not even stay home during the day. Plus insomnia.
    I recently started taking Restoril for sleep (15 mg.) and also helped the anxiety.
    I am just worried because Restoril is a Benzo, but I don't know what else to do.
    I am also seeing a therapist twice a week so that also helps.
    My brother recently started Xanax for severe anxiety.
    He had a psychotic reaction after taking Decadron steroids for a spinal problem.
    He actually became suicidal after 4 nights of no sleep and extreme anxiety. I have been so worried about him.
    I hope you are feeling better soon.
    I was so happy to see your post, I just had to write you. (not happy you are having problems)

God Bless...
    [This Message was Edited on 07/04/2006]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'll bump this for Shirl.

I will keep you and your brother in my prayers. I've been taking Klonopin, a benzo, for about five years now with no problems except when I tried to wean off. I guess I still need it. Dr. Cheney says when one no longer needs it, there should be no problem weaning off slowly. From his lips to God's ear :)

Love, Mikie
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

The only problem I am having with Restoril is being tired the next day. I reduced my bedtime dose from 15 to 7.5 mg and thank goodness got to sleep.
    I took some Provigil the other day for the fatigue and am now in a flare. No more of that.
    I hope you are doing ok Mikie.
    Thanks for the response.

I arranged for my brother to see a therapist, he is in a bad way...
    I will write again later
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'll bump again for Shirl.

Love, Mikie
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I still have it.Bumping for Shirl