Mikie Answer from Dad regarding red tide

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zggygirl, Jul 31, 2003.

1. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

He wrote:
    No, I have never seen it in SC. However, it was "happening" last November when we were in FL and it was just awful! When I was outside the room by the ocean breathing was painful and my throat hurt. I could not stay there and had to return to the room. If that were to be a problem for very long I would not be able to live in the area either.

My dad is a vey healthy person. And does not usually admit any health problems even when they are extreme ir he is feeling really rotten.
    So I think this says a lot.
    Beaufort, S.C. it is then!!!! *G*
    Keep us posted.
    Ziggy

2. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

I was in Florida last November and everyone was complaining about trouble breathing because of the red tide. Actually I don't remember exactly how long it lasted, but it seemed pretty long.

You don't actually see anything, but it sure has a strong affect even on healthy people.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really appreciate it. I may eventually end up in SC. It is beautiful there. I love it here, but imagine living like this off and on for most of the year. This is exactly how I felt living in Denver and putting up with the pollution. I finally got so run down there and I am not willing to let that happen here.

I have seen pictures from the air and you can actually see the red in the water from the algae blooms when they get to a very high concentration.

A while back, there were huge black blobs in the Gulf water which could easily be seen from the air and no one ever found out what they were. I think the Gulf is turning into North America's cesspool.

Thanks again for the info. I really appreciate it.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have considered this. One of the reasons I love living here is so that I can go to the beach, but this year, there has been so much Red Tide that I haven't gone as much as I used to.

Love, Mikie