Mikie? Anyone hear from her recently?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IntuneJune, Oct 20, 2009.

1. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I have not seen her post lately and am concerned.

Thanks, June
  2. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Yes. I'll tell her of your post.

Jim : )
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Thanks Jim! I did find her. I appreciate your help. June
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

June, I don't come here anymore. Heard from Victoria, though Nanna, that you were asking about me here. I have joined another board where a lot of the old PH'ers have gone. It's more peaceful over there. Also, I've been working a lot of hours and recovering from my knee surgery and bronchitis. Oy! It's always something! I hope you are doing well.

Jim, I got on my e-mail today and could swear I saw a new e-mail from you. After I read one of Laurie's e-mails, yours had disappeared. Am I dreaming? Not sure what's going on but I'm sorry if I missed your e-mail.

Love, Mikie
  5. Puddleglum

Puddleglum New Member

I too am an old timer over 10 yrs now.

Do you mind sharing the sight? I am weary here too. Miss the old folks.

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your sharing the info. I actually don't get to any boards much anymore. Until the knee surgery and bronchitis, I was trying to complete a couple of projects around the condo. My doc has been putting me on BP meds and I'm not tolerating any of them. The latest, a beta blocker, has riled up my asthma, one of the more common side effects. It's all left me exhausted. It's about all I can do to rest enough to work approximately half time. There is an ugly wall in my diningroom where I removed some outdated mirror strips which were glued on the wall. I've gotten the first coat of mud on the wall but just can't bring myself to sand it to prep it for another coat, even though I wear a mask. Whine, whine, whine!

Sending my love, hugs and prayers to everyone here.

Love, Mikie
  7. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Hope you found her.

How have you been doing?

We have been here awhile, I don't post much, read a lot. Then will take breaks.....

Fondly, June
  8. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I left you a message at the other site.

I've not posted or come to the boards much, then..... I dropped in just as the XMRV raised it's head.

You were on antivirals for some time for your "stealth viruses"......am I remembering this correctly.

What do you think of this new (actually old) news.

Love, June

PS, please take care, unfortunately we can do well for a period of time and then end up on our butts......
  9. AdirondackScarlet

AdirondackScarlet New Member

If you were reg. member in early 2000's like, oh---- 02 thru maybe 06 -- get in touch...
    Been wondering about you.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

June, I still keep the Acyclovir on hand just in case of reactivation. My doc read about the new retrovirus discovery in the "Wall Street Journal." He was interested. Used to be he didn't show much interest in FMS/CFIDS but as more meds are advertised on TV, more articles are written, and the more I talk to him about it, the more interested he becomes. Two-thirds of PWC also test pos. for chronic mycoplasma infections, so I'm not all that excited about this news--yet. Talk to you over there soon.

Scarlet, I think it was sometime in 2000 that I joined this board. It was very small then. I've been coming here ever since except for recently.

Love, Mikie
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope you find us over there. I think you would like it.

Love, Mikie