Mikie ... Controlling Pathogens Through The Winter ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elsa, Oct 31, 2005.

1. elsa

elsa New Member

I responded on the MP thread again right after your Transfer Factor post. It was really a run down of what I did and how it helped me ... sort of a history. It reminded me I wanted to pose a question or two to you concerning this winter.

I really do feel I have the pathogens at bay for the moment and that FM is the last hold out against full remission. The thing is, I don't want to take any steps backwards if at all possible concerning my pathogen maintainance.

I have been contemplating starting a round of either valtrex or famvir in the next few weeks as a boost to my system. I'm trying to head off any winter weakenings. I still pulse the TF Essentials --- about every 4-6 weeks, but I'm not sure that will be enough during the winter months.

I do not want to go backwards here! I still take all of my immune supportive supplements and I feel very strong right now in the pathogen battle. I'd like to be proactive in keeping it that way.

I also cannot remember which TF is particularly good for EBV, but I can look it up easily enough. Should I switch my pulsing to that particular TF or stick with the Essentials?

I appreciate any help you might can give me here. I do credit your research and sharing of information in helping me control this aspect of my illness.

Hope you are doing well. Good luck with your future house hunting in Rome.

Take care,

Elsa
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your kindness and I did see your post on the MP thread.

As long as my own journey has been, I really do not feel very knowledgeable about these things; I just know what has worked for me.

I save the Famvir for when I have an actual outbreak of something. If I get a virus, I take it to help clear up the virus and keep any Herpes Family Viruses from reactivating.

TF C and TF 100 both target EBV. If one has been diagnosed with a specific pathogen, or strongly believes she has it, I think the TF's which target specific pathogens are excellent. TF's like the Essentials are more of a "souped up colostrum" and really help build up one's own immune system. I think the immune reaction and ensuing Herx are a very good indicator of how well any one product is working.

There are times now when I will have an immune reaction and then Herx out of the blue or when I have been around someone who is sick. To me, this means my own immune system is working on its own.

I actually do pretty well and have some really good days providing I don't overdo it. I always mention that it has taken me more than four years to get to this point. Sometimes, I take two steps forward and one back. The further back I look, the more I can see the progress.

It sounds as though you have made remarkable progress and I hope it keeps up. My guess is that it will and you will only need to fine tune things. I never stop tweaking things. I have relaxed significantly over the last year or so. For instance, I pulse the TF's about every six weeks; I'm not religious about doing it at exactly six weeks but manage to do it within a week or so.

The worst setback was when the Klonopin stopped working as it has been one of my best treatment options. I am so relieved that after weaning down for a month, it is working again at an even lower dose. After adding the two drops of Doxepin recently, I believe my sleep has greatly improved again. I really believe that adequate quality sleep is crucial to our healing.

I wish I could give you a better answer. I did get the flu last year and actually recovered better than some healthy folks did. It left me tired for a couple of months, but that's normal. Since we are all different, I think you will just have to try to find what works best for you. This winter, I will continue to pulse the TF's, take my colostrum, whey, and probiotics, and keep the Doxy and Famvir handy, just in case.

Love, Mikie
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Elsa,
    I am following all the posts about AVs AND TFs since I have just started TF C
    My opinion and it is only that, is that you should save the heavy duty anti-virals for when you really need them. As overuse of antibiotics resulted in them being ineffective in some cases, so the same could happen with antivirals.
    You are doing a lot to boost your immune system and you have improved with what you are doing. If you want more insurance, there are some really good natural anti-virals that have been well tested.
    I'm glad that you have been able to achieve improvement with the AVs and TFs.
    Wishing you continued success with it all.

Kathy.