Mikie, Dara, Madwolf.........update RE growth hormone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen55, Feb 3, 2003.

1. karen55

karen55 New Member

I saw the endo doc this morning. He ordered some more blood workups on me. Depending on the outcome (he's looking for something specific to be high), he may order an MRI on my pituitary gland to rule out (hopefully) or confirm a tumor. Not exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to hear, but it's out of my control I suppose.
    Also, he said this IGF-1/HGH testing he wants done is not covered by insurance, so Eli Lilly provides the test at no charge to the doctors, done by Lilly personnel, which will be in the next couple of weeks. From what I was told, it takes a few hours, involves an IV, etc. Really ironic that insurance won't cover the test, but WILL pay for the HGH if it's indicated. Whatever though, I don't plan on taking the HGH injections. I will try some other alternative.
    The events of the last 2 weeks have been quite overwhelming for me. I've been searching for an answer for years, and now that I've possibly got one, I'm less than thrilled. Ha! At least I feel validated; the docs who told me my pain wasn't real, or my "problems were all in my head" can kiss off, as far as I'm concerned.
    Also, my sister has an interesting theory concerning the growth hormone issue and meat consumption. Will save that for another post. For all I know, someone's already posted about this in the past, will have to do a search to find out first. Thanks for standing by me. :)

Karen
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Wow, will be waiting to hear the results. Thanks for keeping us updated and please continue to let us know what's going on.

Good luck with your tests.

Love, Mikie
  3. karen55

karen55 New Member

That's just what we've been joking about here at my office. I really don't *think* that's what it is, but hey, I'm no doctor, so I guess I'll just go along with whatever tests they want me to have.

And BTW, this is the doc who was such a jerk to me 2 weeks ago. Seems like since the IGF1 deficiency showed up, he has done a 180, he was nice today.
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Hi Karen. Do you live in Indianapolis?

Annette2
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

No, I'm in S. Louisiana, way down here in the swamps.......

Karen

[ advertisement ]