Mikie - FCC Atlanta Location

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dalphia, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Hi Mikie, location is about 15 minute drive just off I75 S. toward Atlanta in a little place called Marietta Georgia.

Driving is so easy, hardly no traffice/congeston, etc. compared to downtown Atlanta.

I live in Fayetteville Tennessee which is about 110 + mile drive, 3 hours.... It is approximately 15 miles off I75 and very easy to find......I enjoy the drive, especially during the fall season.

So where do you live? You mentioned our daughter lives in Smyrna.........I lived in Nashville for a number of years before moving to Fayetteville.

Hope this answers your question.

Dalphia
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been to Marietta. In fact, I've been looking in Rome at houses. I plan to look in Athens too. I'm supposed to go up to my daughter's for Thanksgiving but I'm sick with this crud going around and may not be able to go.

I live waaaaaay down south in South Fort Myers, FL, just north of where Wilma hit in Naples. I was in Smyrna when it hit. The power came on just two hours after I returned.

I love FL, but my kids just had a little boy and I am missing his first year. I'm getting a bit tired of the hurricanes and this is supposed to be a long cycle of more storms which are stronger. It is no longer cheap to live here. I'm thinking I'll take the huge appreciation from my condo and buy a small house in GA.

Thanks so much for letting me know where the FFC is located. I might consider going there if I move. I hope they are helping you a lot.

Love, Mikie
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

When comparing locations you may want to think about what Athens is like on game weekends. Complete gridlock and you can't get in to eat places ect.... The city is slammed. It is also further away than Rome with traffic you will be lucky to make it in a hour. It is definantely a college town. But it is a really cute town and you have all the advantages of a major university like concerts ect....

I'm biased because we are building a house in Cartersville which is close to Rome! Rome is so cuate and close to the town center area for shopping. The mountains are beautiful and you have Berry College there for the aforementioned concerts ect...

Whatever your choice you will love living closer to your family! I feel so lucky mine lives here and so does my husbands! Lynn
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I grew up in Boulder, CO, the home of the Univ. of Colo. I remember what game days were like. The good news is that there is always so much going on in college towns. I was surprized at how many cultural things Rome has going on for such a small town. Berry College is beautiful.

I have been to Cartersville for a getaway. We went to the Red Top Mountain Recreational Area and took a boat out on Allatoona (sp?) Lake. It is beautiful there.

I appreciate the info. Trying to find an area and then a house is mind boggling.

Love, Mikie