Mikie Guai

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Hi Mikie!

I went to the website you recommended for the guai protocal. One of things that caught my eye was the following:

"The most important site for confirming the diagnosis and assuring future success is the left thigh. The outside of the quadriceps muscle (Vastus lateralis) and the front part (Rectus femoris) are involved in 100% of adults and clear within the first month upon attaining adequate dosages."

I am having horrible pain in my left thigh. Starts up high on my left hip and goes down to my knee, and is down the front of my thigh.

Does this paragraph mean that this pain confirms the diagnoses of FM? Also, do you think this means that the protocal would probably work for me?

I'm willing to try it. Started looking at the labels on everything in my office, Tums, Pepcid Complete, etc., for the salicyfate or salicylic acid.

Thanks, Mikie.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is interesting. I have actually never heard this before. I have been on the Guai for so long and consider myself virutally reversed that I guess I just take it all for granted. I really should stay more current. I've been so busy trying to heal my CFIDS that I don't pay as much attention to the FMS/Guai as I should.

I'm not sure how to take in this info. I can tell you that it was my left hip/thigh area which started hurting me way back in my 20's and the docs never knew why. Interesting.

My first reaction is to not take it too seriously in terms of diagnostic accuracy nor as an indicator of whether the Guai would work. I'm afraid that if someone does not have the pain there, he or she may not believe the Guai would be of value.

Now, I'm saying all this without having seen the website and just commenting on this out of context. I will go check it out. In the meantime, I think if anyone has FMS pain, it would be well worth checking out the Guai Protocol. There is really nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Taking a trip to the health food store Friday for whey, almonds, and flax seed, I'll look at the guai while I'm there.

Thanks again!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many feel it is preferable to use the long acting Guai sold here. I don't know whether the healthfood stores carry it or not. Mucinex is sold OTC pretty much at any pharmacy. You can buy the Guai cheap at Costco but it contains blue dye like the Mucinex.

If you are considering the Guai, you will not be able to use any herbal supplements which contain concentrated herbals. It would be a shame to buy them and then decide to do the Guai.

Are you doing the shake? If so, how is it working for you? If not, let us know how it goes. I take the undenatured whey sold here but it cannot be used with anything except milk or water or it may not increase glutathione. The cheaper whey is OK to use with fruit. I'm curious about how the shake is working for people. I may try it.

If you do the Guai, it is necessary to read Dr. St. Amand's book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia."

Love, Mikie
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Thanks!

The guy who owns our health food store actually has that book on the counter. He said it is the best FM book available. I will see if I can pick up a copy.

I will check the web site here and see if the price of the guai makes it worth the price of shipping.

I don't take any supplements, just calcium. I do take a hormone (bone density is low and the hormone helps in the uptake of the calcium), Lamictal (seizures), Inderol (blood pressure), and Effexor (depression). I also have sleep med I don't take, muscle relaxors I take occasionally, and hydracodone which I need way to often!

I do use the shake, must be about 3 months now. I don't notice a lot, but I may be sleeping a little better. Some nights I sleep up to two hours at a time. Most of the time it's an hour or less, so I guess that is better.

Overall I feel about the same I think, everythings seems to be worse these last 6 weeks or so, but I'm not blaming that on anything other than a long flare.

The one main thing that the shake has done for me is to get me off with a healthy breakfast every morning. I don't have to think about what I want for breakfast, I just fix the shake. That way I do have breakfast instead of often skipping it in favor of a latte! I make extra so I can take some in a travel mug to work. I put it in the frig and drink it around 10 or 10:30 to keep me from getting hungry before lunch.

I'll check the website here now to see about ordering guai and if they have the book I may order it, too.

Thanks for your support!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad the shake is helping, even if only a little bit. I am amazed at how much we can improve if we can find enough things which help a little. Eventually, they seem to help synergystically and make a bigger improvement.

Good luck with everything.

Love, Mikie