MIKIE HELP ME please if you can

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sues1, Apr 13, 2006.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

Mikie.......I know that I am asking too much....but I need help. I have been reading, researching this site and others for a while now. I kept looking for the "Hows" and "whens"..in other words......when to you start to take certain supplements and so forth?

I have to stop this inaction as far as not treating myself. I do take some meds. I have ordered from our store here for a couple of things and also the Cuddle Ewe. I want to get my products here. I read so much posted by all, that I am not sure what might inter react with another and make myself feeling worse or dangerously combining things. It makes sense to get products here for various reasons.

Can I start right off taking JarroDophilus ? When do take the Transfer Factor and which one? I have a catalog from our store. What all should I take, should it be the same time or does it go in phrases?

I know you are not a Dr. or such, but so far I find your findings for yourself to be creditable for me. I will not hold you responsible in anyway in how I react....LOL. What to expect?

I know I have read much along these lines but they are in many postings and my "delicate" mind does not digest as it should and "Me" gets confused.

If this is posted somewhere, I would appreciate knowing so and looking it up. If not can you take me by my hand and lead this lady to trying to do this?

I am just afraid that I am forgetting all I have read and doing it wrong! How long does a person feel bad while using this method?

Confused and tired of being tired and miss my mind.....Is there a certain book that you recommend?

I hope this is not asking too much...Love & Hugs......Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 04/14/2006]
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Sue,
    I know I'm not Mikie and I'm sure she will post to you but I thought I could help a bit. Your confusion is understandable; I think we all feel a little over whelmed when we read about a lot of things here.

What are you taking and what did you order? There are sites to check out interactions, drugdigest is a good one. A good rule is to take one thing at a time so you know what is working. Go slow and be patient; I've had to learn that. You can begin Jarro-dophilus right away , in fact that is oe of the best things to start with.

I would leave Transfer Factor for a while. You likely need more research. Have you been tested for any viruses? Pro Health has a site for information on TF - www.transferfactor.ws.

Have you read any of Stormyskye's posts. Improving your nutrition is very important. We don't all have to be taking a lot of supplements to do that.

All that being said, I would take a good multi-vitamin and some calcium and magnesium.

You will likely get other responses here. You do have to decide for yourself but I would like to just reinforce what I said earlier, go slow, be patient and listen to your body. You know yourself better than anyone.

Good Luck
    Kathy
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's a little difficult for me to say that what I have done will help others, but it has been the right path for me. Thing is that my regimen was developed over five years as I learned about different things.

My motto has always been to treat whatever symptom is the worst and then go to the second worst and so on. If you cannot get all the testing which is done at the clinics, you and your doc will have to address any chronic infections empirically. A lot of docs are doing this now with antiviral drugs and/or antibiotics. Some are using herbal treatments for this. Fungal infections can cause us problems as well. When it comes to infections, I think we really need to work with a doc who is knowledgeable or willing to work with us if we do our own research. I did that and it worked out well.

Transfer factors work well but I think it's helpful to try to use meds to get the pathogen load down before starting them. I took several TF's which address multiple pathogens. The TF C and TF 200 covered most of what ailed me except for the mycoplasmas, which I had already treated with 2 1/2 years on Doxycycline. One can take Heparin for hypercoagulation at the same time as drugs or TF's, but the immune response and Herxing to the Heparin is very strong by itself.

Improving the gut is very important and I doubt that probiotics interfere with any other treatments except that they should not be taken with antibiotics. You have to slip them in between doses. The pharmacist or doc can answer questions about drug/supplement interreactions. Health really beings in the gut and sleep. A healthy gut and diet go a long way toward feeling better. I am a big fan of the undenatured whey and colostrum and these should not cause a problem while using or taking other things. Again, though, the doc or pharmacist can help with that.

There are many things which can help with pain and sleep and we all react differently to them, so if you need to address these things, you will have to find what works for you. For FMS pain, I think the Guai is a God send, but it doesn't work for everyone and it can take a while before it offers enough relief so that one does not need meds for the pain.

The Klonopin helped me to get good sleep and relieved many other symptoms for me, including tinnitus, muscle spasms, sensory overload, and panic attacks/anxiety. Klonopin is a heavy hitter med and one cannot go off of it without slowly weaning off but if seizure activity is causing symptoms such as those I mentioned, Klonopin can be a God send. For me, it has been.

Some people get relief from pain by taking antidepressants. I'm not a fan of them myself, so I don't take them. That doesn't mean, however, that others shouldn't consider them. Again, AD's are heavy hitter drugs, some moreso than others. Provigil for fatigue is another heavy hitter med which I won't take; it doesn't work for me and even if it did, I am not convinced it's safe. Caffeine produced similar results at a fraction of the cost for most people in the Provigil studies.

I take a multi-vitamin and supplement with extra magnesium, B vitamins, selenium, calcium and potassium. I also supplement with Co-Enzyme Q 10, alpha-lipoic acid, and L-Acetyl Carnetine. ProHealth sells a combo alpha-lipoic acid/L-Acetyl Carnetine supplement. I like their sublingual B-12 which is supposed to cross the blood/brain barrier.

If one has chronic infections, I do not believe one can heal unless they are addressed. While they contribute to pain and lack of sleep, they usually cause fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, sore throats, and headaches.

One cannot sleep if there is seizure activity causing racing brain and/or pain. These need to be addressed. Many of us do better with thyroid supplementation, even if our blood levels test in the normal range. One must work with the doc on this or any other hormonal problems.

Geez, I'm sorry for rambling here as I'm just typing as I think of things I've done. You may need to do different things and/or in a different schedule. Still, I hope this at least helps you to have some things to consider. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  4. sues1

sues1 New Member

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I am getting ready to sign off, I have only been on a few minutes. I would add more but I do not feel so swift right now.

Much Love, Hugs and Blessings........Susan

In case anyone wonders on next message to me.......I used accidently..two S's instead of two D's in the word ADD...

My face is red........LOL.....I changed it[This Message was Edited on 04/16/2006]
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you must be not feeling yourself...read you reply tomarrow you will chuckle to...you would ass more....lol

get a good night sleep

jodie
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

I changed it.....thanks for telling me! The S is right beside the D on the keyboard.

I have really been sicker than usual this week.....Susan