Mikie, help please. mycoplasma treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karinaxx, Apr 4, 2006.

1. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

Dear Mikie,
    after consulting with my doctor in Switzerland and my doctor here and reading Dr. Nicholson recomodation on treatment for mycoplasma pn. i decided to go for a half year antibiotica treatment.
    I will start with doxicycline, 200 mg/d.
    I just would like to know with what did you start and what can i expect? did you have an Herxheimer Reaction and how did you feel on it>?
    I am a bit unsure, because i am afraid that my immunesystem after this will be even more out of whack?
    what was your experience?
    love karina
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Your experience may be different from mine, but I will describe what happened to me. My doc prescribed 100 mgs. of Doxycycline twice a day. On about day three, I had a strong Herx reaction and then felt better. At that time, no one knew that it takes at least six months on the ABX before one can pulse it. I tried to go off of it for two weeks after six weeks on but my symptoms returned, so I went back on it. Even after the six months, it took a while before I could stay off for the full two weeks. I wrote to Dr. Nicolson and he said to keep at it and stop the Doxy when I was able to stay off of it completely without the symptoms' returning. I was able to stay off of it for longer and longer periods until I was able to stay off completely. All in all, it took 2 1/2 years.

I had been infected for 10 years when I started the treatment, so my body was severely infected. Some people don't need to take the ABX as long as I did but some people's docs seem to feel that people who have been infected for a very long time may have to take the ABX for life.

Dr. Nicolson encourages people to use colloidal silver with the ABX and I did that. I also continued the probiotics I had been taking for years and I never had a gut problem. In fact, as I've mentioned, the ABX seem to have cured my IBS. I also took colostrum and undenatured whey so that while the drug was cleaning out the mycoplasmas, my own immune system was getting a good boost.

We added the Heparin treatment because those with chronic infections often have the overgrowth of fibrin in the blood where the pathogens can hide out from the immune system and the drugs. The HEMEX Lab website has a lot of info from David Berg on this.

Finally, people with one chronic infection often have other infections of opportunity. I ended up taking Famvir to try to get whatever Herpes-Family Virus(es) back into latency. As you know, I later switched to the transfer factors, which work very well.

Good luck to you. Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  3. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

that was helpfull.
    How much realy do you feel, that Mycoplasma and its treatment made a difference in your overall well beeing; I mean how much was it a part of your symptoms in cfids?
    karina
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It was the mycoplasma infection which finally triggered my CFIDS to the point that I was never the same afterward. It was the big trigger. I had been sick prior to the mycoplasma infection but I was always able to recover. The mycoplasma infection was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I do not believe one can ever heal unless chronic infections are addressed. They just keep one so sick all the time. I highly recommend getting the infections treated or I don't see how one can ever feel well again.

BTW, I still keep Doxycycline around all the time and if I get sick and am running a temperature, I take it for 7-10 days just to be sure there aren't some mycoplasmas left which might make me sick again. I watch the expiration date and replace it as expired Doxy is toxic and can make one very sick.

Love, Mikie