Mikie, how are you doing after your GB surgery?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sandyz, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I know it has been awhile since you had it out but I was wondering if it helped you feel better. I just got my gallbladder out yesterday. I have been feeling really tough the last 6 monthes. After much running around and doing different tests, I finally had a Hidascan and it should my gallbladder was putting out too much bile. Normal is 30 to 70 and mine was 85. I also had a polyp in there.

I hope it improves my health somewhat because I can`t deal with so many big things at once. I am plain wore out. My worse symptom was the stabbing pain between my shoulder blades constantly. It felt like I had a knife in my back. How are you doing now?

Thanks,
    Sandy
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Bumping for Mikie
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Thank you stovetop. I have noticed already some of my symptoms I had are gone. So, I am happy about that. I hope they continue to improve.

Take care,
    Sandy
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's been a little more than 3 mos. and I finally feel completely healed. Of course, I started feeling so much better fairly quickly but it's only been recently that I can sneeze or take an extra deep breath without a little pain deep inside. For me, just getting rid of all that inflammation and infection from my sick and nonfunctioning gb has made a big difference in my energy levels. For the last year, I had been getting sicker and sicker and more and more tired. I also had the back pain. Everything feels normal now and I can eat anything without symptoms.

I hope and pray for quick healing for you. Just give it time. It does take a while to get back to "normal." My daughter in nursing school said that when the gb is removed, the bile duct which is left from the liver to the stomach will grow a little pouch or sac in which extra bile is stored to be used when needed. It can't pump bile like the gb did but it does help the liver by providing adequate bile. I found this so interesting. Our bodies are amazing.

Again, my prayers are with you. Let us know how you are getting along.

Love, Mikie
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Thanks for your prayers and kind words. I am doing fairly well considering I just got it out 3 days ago. I am tired though and I know it is partly from the pain pills. I am on viocodon and they make me sleepy.

I didn`t know that the body makes a little pouch for the bile. That`s amazing. I hope this surgery takes away some of these symptoms, I was very overwhelmed and feeling horrible all the time. I know it will take time to recover. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Sandy
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please do keep us updated. Most everyone I've talked to who has had this surgery starts to feel better in time. We don't realize just how ill and fatigued our sick gb's had been making us feel because it usually is a slow process. I was just getting sicker and sicker.

I still get tired from my ME/CFS but I recover if I rest up. I hope you are getting your rest; you probably are if you are on Vicodin. It makes me sleepy too. Take care.

Love, Mikie