Mikie how are you doing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MicheleK, Jul 28, 2012.

1. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi Mikie, I wanted to see how you were doing at the end of this week. Have you felt anymore improvements in recovering from your fall? Anymore improvements noted from your last peptide shot?

I hope you are feeling much better and enjoying your weekend.

Hugs, Michele
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

How sweet of you to ask. It's kinda hard sometimes to separate my symptoms from those caused by the fall. The injections seem to have conquered all my symptoms except that I still suffer from fatigue. I've had some good times without fatigue before the fall so I know the injections are working on the last stubborn symptom.

I still get some leg and hip pain later in the day but a soak in Epsom Salts and acetaminophen takes care of it. It's less and less as time goes on. The last couple of days, the TMJ-like pain has been much better and so have the headaches. I do think I'm healing. It's just taking longer than I expected. Thank you so much for asking.

I've read your encouraging posts over on he CC Board and I'm very happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  3. RitaF

RitaF Member

it's hard for me to exaagerate sp? how much i look forward to your posts. i am strongly considering trying to do the peptide route. i'm 73 and have had so many experiences like you are having. feeling better, worse, confused, wondering y? y? y. i should try to post more about my bio here to help more of you. maybe

i may have to fly from south dakota to houston or farther. fortunately my sister lives in houston where i understand a dr. might do peptides.

recently i met one of "us" from austin, tx. maybe she'll get there before i do and get this kind of thing started.

i wrote to dr. dakos and they gave me a possible lead in houston, can't find that info right now. you all know how it is.

anyhow thanks for all you do on here and i wish for you: god's speed. rita
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are so sweet. Thank you for your kind words. I've only been posting briefly since the fall. I do like to keep everyone updated on the peptide injections because this treatment seems to hold the best, IMHO, hope for us for healing. I think the methylation protocol is excellent and I've done many other things along the way which have really helped. Had I not done those things, I'd likely still be bedriddent and on opiods for pain. Had Sjogren's Syndrome not come along with such fatigue that I could no longer get up and go to my little part-time job, I'd likely not have decided to do the injections.

I've come too far in the last 12 yrs. to ever want to go back so the injections were a no-brainer once I found the money for them. I figured the worst that would happen is that I'd spend $900 for three shots and they wouldn't work. I knew the night of the first shot that they would work. They haven't worked in a smooth way as I had expected; some worked better than others. Also, some symptoms have taken longer to address. Still, they have been a big success for me and I want to share my story here.

I hope you can get this treatment. If you see the doc in Houston, find out whether he can give you the first shot, or the first two shots, and then send the serum to you or your own doc where you live. The first two shots are usually given two weeks apart and then once a month for a year. Best of luck to you and please, keep us updated. Since the principal is so basic, but the formulae are such a secret, it is difficult to do much in the way of research. That's why we need annecdotal info here from people doing this treatment.

Love, Mikie
  5. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I hear you about the fatigue Mikie. When all is is going well with me, there is rarely a day that the "fatigue dragon" is not emitting some fiery breath. I don't even remember anymore what it feels like to not have that threat there. Never knowing which step is the one to trigger the landmine and have the dragon breathing down my neck till I collapse. Oh well. I am encouraged by your story and others who over time were able to get control of many symptoms. Every little bit helps build to a more active life. If I get another 25% better, my computer will sorely miss me. I will not be carassing it's keys each day. Hugs, Michele
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope you get a lot better than 25 percent. I was at about 80 percent before the Sjogren's hit. As you know, the peptide injections have pretty much addressed my symptoms until that nasty fall.

I posted under a different thread about the TMJ and vertigo I'm now having. It never stops. It's difficult to tell now just how well the peptide injections are working against the fatigue when I'm fighting problems from that fall. It's been more than five weeks and I keep having residual problems. Whine, whine, whine!

I have only energy left for what I need to do around here. There is a big project I need to finish but can't do it until I'm better. In the meantime, there is an 8' ladder in my entry. Don't think ladders and vertigo go together.

Hope you feel better.

Love, Mikie
  7. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

Always great hearing your updates.. Sorry about your fall.. I have been in bed or out of wack with an injured knee, missed most of summer, not that I do much anyway..

I was dx with sjogren's too... Seems always something just learning to soosoo
    appreciate the few good days.. I too was dx with chronic lyme and so far no treatment has helped..(the abx)..

No fun getting old and know that this disease will be with me from now on..
    I am not familiar with the injections you have been taking.. I will have to read up on them.. Been awhile since I have been here..

Till Later, Greatgran

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So sorry to hear about your knee and the Lyme. I am taking the peptide injections developed at Oxford Univ. in Europe. I take the one which is a broad spectrum for immune and autoimmune diseases. There is a company in human studies for a peptide shot for Lyme but it's not yet available. I'm sure we will hear about it when it's ready. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you get better.

Love, Mikie