Mikie - how long before you started losing...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amymb74, Feb 13, 2003.

1. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

weight on the somers diet? Its been just about a month for me & nothing! I am going to continue at least another month or so - this diet is so easy for me to follow - I really want it to work. I know I'm doing it right. My only thing may be too many carb. breakfasts?? I almost always have grape nuts in the a.m. & then protein meals EVERY lunch & dinner - I'm kind of nervous to go all protein. Also, I quit smoking a week into the diet - maybe that could have something to do w/it? Just curious how you've done on it. Thanks.....Amy
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I started losing almost immediately, but for the first two weeks, I stayed pretty much with just protein. It isn't healthy to do that for more than a couple of weeks.

I suspect your stopping smoking is also a factor. Even if one does not increase food intake, when nicotine is withdrawn, it can change the metabolism. Good for you for being so brave, a diet and quitting smoking too. Wow! My hat's off to you.

If it were me, I would quit the carb breakfasts for a week and see what happens. Good luck.

Love, Mikie