Mikie I have a question for you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Miles, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Miles

Miles New Member

Hi! I was reading from the one that said new to the site & in it you said one of your daughters has Vulvadynia what does she do for this?
    I also have it, I try to stay on a Oxalate diet & take some Calcuim Citrate.

Thank you Deb
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She finally found a doc with some knowledge in this and learned some exercises to help with sex and also uses a cream which numbs the area so that sex is not so painful. Also, male ejaculate is very irritating to the sore and raw areas and many cannot tolerate condoms, so withdrawal often helps.

Other than this, she gets along pretty well. She works on her overall health and when that is good, the vulvadynia is not bad. We have a member here who has had a severe case of this for a long time and she may see it. She does not read and post all the time, though.

The real help is to find a doc with knowledge of this condition. Many Gyns do not know what to do for it. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hoping you see this.

Love, Mikie
  4. Miles

Miles New Member

Thank you, do you know what cream the Doc gaves her?

Take care, Deb
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She had a Gyno in Denver or Chicago, can't remember which, who was very knowledgeable about this provlem. I don't think she has one in Atlanta where she lives now. I'll have to ask her what she is using.

Love, Mikie