Mikie...I have a question please?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckzim, Mar 5, 2006.

1. ckzim

ckzim New Member

I did some investagating on the Guai..as you suggested...and it got me to thinking about something?
    I've been taking 400mg of Guaifensen for over 4 yrs now..
    Sometimes twice a day..as it gives me energy...
    Its found in Bronkaid...
    Is this one and the same, of what you are speaking?
    I looked up what foods, etc..could block the Guai..and to my surprize, I eat hardly any of these things, as I have a very senstive pallet...lol..(fussy eater)
    The other active ingredient is Ephedrine sulfate.
    Does this block the Guai?
    I looked for other posts on this subject and couldn't find any...I don't want to bother you and all...I was just wondering, what your view on this sourse of Guai was?
    Thank you for all your helpful infomation...I am considering all of it. The only thing that holds me back is the pain factor.
    KathyZ
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Guaifenesin is used to thin mucus and is found in many cough and asthma medications. The ephedra will not block the Guai nor will food, except mint, which might block it. Aspirin and botanical/herbal extracts will block it. Rubbing on lotion loaded with aloe vera may block it, for instance.

Thing is, we are all different when it comes to sal sensitivity and there are some who can do anything and still not block the Guai. It is very possible that the Guai is helping you feel better.

Please, do not ever worry about asking me anything. I'm always happy to answer questions if I can.

Love, Mikie
  3. ckzim

ckzim New Member

for taking the time for me, I really do appreciate it.
    What is so funny, is like I knew that word from somewhere?
    And here it was something that might help me? I'm like in shock! lol..
    I want to try the Guai without the ephrin...see what that does?
    Thanks for the heads up about the aloe vera lotion...
    That's what I use to dry off from showers instead of a towel! ( This is amazing to me) Wow!
    Thanks again for all the effort and time with your help here.
    HUGS
    KathyZ