mikie i saw another reply of yours and was wondering....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by b~kay~b, Nov 21, 2006.

1. b~kay~b

b~kay~b New Member

hi mikie i saw you had mentioned about the parkinsons medication will only work a short time if its parkinsons...so i was wondering where you found some info on that and what exactly happens at first i was on sinemet and sinmet cr pd meds and i wsa okay then all of a sudden one week just got real bad with my tremors they switched me to mirapex ive been on it now for three months if i remeber right the sinemet iwas on about the same and lately i have noticed some things but i wont base it on that because i stopped with it to experiemtn for about 1 1/2 weeks to see what would happen if you would reply i would appreciate it because one family doc thought i had pd and the nearu said pd i dunno and the third said i dont think its pd just the cfs cmp and fm bkay
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I used to date a man with PD. At the time, I learned all I could about the illness. He had an excellent doc who treated PD and he told him that the drugs will not stop the tremors forever. How long the dopamine drugs work differs from person to person. Even with the drugs, Bruce still had a tremor in one hand but it helped with other tremors and symptoms.

I moved away and he married, so I do not know how he is doing. Well, I hope. I know there is the surgical route for the worst of the patients but it's not a guarantee either. I think it's done as a last resort.

I'm so sorry and pray that the docs are wrong about your diagnosis. It is very difficult to diagnose. What finally convinced Bruce's docs is that he brought in an old check with his signature from several years before he started to show symptoms and a recent one. His handwriting was much smaller on the new check. Seems PD causes one to write smaller and smaller.

You're in my prayers. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. b~kay~b

b~kay~b New Member

i saw the info on the surgery too i dont think i would be there quite yet i have noticed a difference in my handwriting sometimes i cant read it and i will shake and then i stab the paper then write like today my mouth trembled the tremors are calm but i can stilol feel it you the way to explain it is like you go outside and its cold and yu feeliit into your bones well i hope it is just tremors due to fm not pd only time will tellbut my mouth is he only thing that isnt completeky behaving lol it still does weird things i have this weird way of talking now and another symptom they still didnt address is when i walk i dont swing my left arm and i freeze up for now i will be satisfied but i think iwill see the neauro in el paso when i was a kid in jan i visit home i think ill have my mom make an appointment and take my records while i travel i appreciate you sharing with me you take care. bkay
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I keep you in my prayers. Please let us know what the El Paso doc has to say.

Love, Mikie