Mikie, I saw your new pic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, May 18, 2003.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

You look absolutely beautiful.

Jaci
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you. I appreciate that. The pic was taken several weeks ago. I am today four weeks post surgery and everything looks even better. It takes a full six months for all the swelling to go down and about a year for the maximum results. I am very, very happy so far. I look like me again instead of some tired-looking old woman staring back at me from the mirror. That's all I wanted, to look fresh and rested.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie
  3. KayL

KayL New Member

Mikie, didn't your previous pic in your profile (the one that was there several months ago) have a pic of you with your chows? Your hair was longer in that pic, if I'm remembering correctly. Your *nip and tuck* and your new haircut have really agreed with you. I think you look great!

Karen
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, I used to have the one with the Chows and my longer hair. You missed the one I had in there right after the surgery. It was not a pretty sight. I appeciate your sweet comments. I do like my hair shorter and always wore it that way when I worked, but when I got so sick, I just wanted to be able to put it up in a clip and not have to bother with haircuts.

There has been a lot of improvement since the pic that is in the profile. I'll post a better pic when I get one.

Love, Mikie
  5. allhart

allhart New Member

i had to take a look to and
    WOW!
    i think you made a grate disscion getting it done,the frist pichures realy scared me it looked so painful but wow it was worth it,i defferntley think now it something i will do when i comes time ,thanks for sharing this with us
    hugs
    kara
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you. I do believe it was worth it. It has already taken years off my looks and I now look like I used to before I got sick. The worst part was looking so tired no matter what I did. Our illnesses do take a toll on us.

I still have nerve pain around my ears which are slowly recovering from numbness, but it's not that bad. The worst part is where the drain tube ran down into my neck on the side where it hemmoraged after surgery. The tube was removed the day after surgery, but the area where it ran and the little incision where it entered my neck has remained sore. I have an extremely high pain tolerance, so it might be a lot more painful for others. I don't regret it for a minute and would do it again.

Love, Mikie
  7. lucky

lucky New Member

I just got to see the new picture and did the operation ever pay off. You look great.
    Lucky
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

PRETTY WOMAN! You look wonderful!

Shalom, Shirl