MIKIE / job ideas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IntuneJune, Jun 28, 2003.

1. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

First must say Thank you to you and Shirl for doing a great job moderating this board!! Hats off to both of you.

Mikie, you have mentioned getting back in the job market. Frequently in the past, after reading your replies to posts, I have thought -- this gal should be an author. You have a wonderful gift --being able to express yourself clearly. While reading your posts, many times you have put my thoughts into words but in a more precise profound way --I admire this talent so...... So..I think you should continue your writing...in other venues.

Writing books may not offer people-contact on a regular daily basis, maybe you could find a "job" to meet your personal needs of people contact and your God-given talent of writing.....Maybe we will see your name on the best seller list. Fondly, June
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you so much for your kindness. I really appreciate it.

Actually, I have written for corporate newsletters and publications, radio ad scripts, and ad copy for magazines. I've also done a lot of writing for collateral material for several corporations, including a nonprofit.

Perhaps I will find a way to write in a way that is profitable, but where I live now, there most likely isn't much opportunity for this. I think for now, I will be just looking for something to pay the bills and to find out whether I can even work full time. I really need to be out among people.

Thank you for your ideas and for caring.

Love, Mikie

3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

"Actually, I have written for corporate newsletters and publications, radio ad scripts, and ad copy for magazines. I've also done a lot of writing for collateral material for several corporations, including a nonprofit. "

Well, I am NOT surprised. It shows in your work here!!!Thanks again. June

PS - I think you should go for the best seller :)
    Oh....., the reality of life--bills-- :(

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Actually, I'm sitting here laughing. I had to go back and edit my response to you. I combined two words and it didn't make sense. Oh, to be rid of these cognitive problems.

I wish I could afford to take the time to write a book. I have a good plot for a medical mystery/action story. Kind of like a Robin Cook novel.

My SIL has written a novel and he is a very gifted writer, but he is having a hard time getting his foot in the door. He's from a show biz family and it's kind of like trying to break into show biz. You almost have to know someone. I wonder if he shouldn't start out with scripts since he is also a good actor. My older daughter was in the moveis too for a while but neither she nor my SIL wanted to use the family contacts. They also did not enjoy the Hollywood lifestyle; it's crazy and phony.

Well, June, you have certainly stirred up some juices and maybe I will see how I can manage to do what I enjoy for a living. Thanks.

Love, Mikie
  5. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Hhhhmmmmmmmmm

A story such as the FBI, CIA, Interpole being called into action when physicans all over the world had been mysteriously disappearing over the past year. Interestingly, they seemed to have NOTHING in common except not believing in their patients who complained of symptoms of fibromyalgia and/or chronic fatigue syndrome. June

6. tansy

tansy New Member

I had such a giggle when I read your post.

I think we're entitled to a few wicked thoughts now and again, helps to keep us sane.

Cheers

Tansy
  7. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Ahhh,yes, I wish Mikie would get her writing jucies boiling and throw in all the wicked physicians, and then while we are at it, ....oh boy.....my tongue is hanging out and my eyes are bulging....think of all the possibilities, we could widen the net!! Whose next?? Maybe-not-so-fondly, June
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Girl, I like your style!

Love, Mikie