Mikie--no more guai available? Did you see

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beckster, Aug 13, 2003.

1. beckster

beckster New Member

the post by Nancyb16 (guai alone) and the thread where people say the guai might not be made available? What's your scoop on this? Beckster
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My pharmacist said it's all bunk and that Guai would continue to be available by prescription. In any case, if not, it is available here. People like me with Rx benefits hope it continues to be available by Rx, but in any case, we won't have to do without.

Love, Mikie
  3. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

There is some concern, because the long acting 600 mg was approved by FDA for OC use, which means ins. co's won't cover that dosage. It was a price gouging move by a greedy drug company who saw it was being used by many FMSers and they patented their long acting formula. Thats a short version of a long story. You can find the long version at Dr. St. Amand's website.

Guai should be cheap ... like aspirin, but if you look into it, it's not. You can ask your doc for an RX of 1200 mg and still be able to get it via RX. Warm regards,
    Hayley
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is safe to cut the Guai tablets, even though they are the long acting formula.

Love, Mikie
  5. pattipatsdd

pattipatsdd New Member

Thanx so much for the 1200 mg info...guai would be totally expensive w/out Rx coverage gratefully,pp
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2003]
  6. pattipatsdd

pattipatsdd New Member

What state are you in?...I understood it was an FDA action? regards pp
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2003]