Mikie / obrnlc re: guai

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seaview, Mar 19, 2003.

1. seaview

seaview New Member

Yes Mikie, per your suggestion last week I cut back to 1200mgs a day. I think it may of been too much but I am still in an incredible amount of pain and fatigue. I do have Degenerative disc problem so that adds to the pain. I have been taking Klonipin since last year...it was the only drug my new doc put me on that I still use. I also saw post about ZMA and I am using it again. I am sleeping a bit better but still exhausted when I wake and have a hard time going to sleep. I suppose I am just tired of every morning waking up to the pain. It has been so many years and I think my body is plum worn out from it. I just wanted to tell you thanks for always responding so quickly to my ?s and know I do take your advice even if you dont see me respond. I so appreciate you all....Kathleen
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Again, I am so sorry about this ongoing pain. You will have to forgive my horrible memory, but I can't remember how quickly you got to the 1200 mgs. This is still twice the amount that the majority of people need in order to cycle.

When I first increased to 1800 mgs. the pain was relentless and I had to go back to 1200. Later, I was able to increase to the 1800 and cycle on that dose. I now take 2400 and it seems to be doing fine for me. I do have a lot of pain if I stop taking it, but my day-to-day pain is much reduced and my tender spots are not nearly as tender. I still have some pain and stiffness every day.

As you know, for me, the fatigue continues to be my worst symptom, now that the Guai and Klonopin have helped with the pain. I am hoping that once this damned Red Tide thing goes away, I can determine whether I can stay off the ABX permanently. As it is, I'm so sick from the Red Tide that I can't tell.

I keep you in my prayers and hope you can find something for this horrible pain.

Love, Mikie