Mikie & others: Probiotics

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pam_d, Oct 21, 2002.

1. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm just learning more about leaky gut syndrome & the role it may play in my CFS. Could you explain more, please, about exactly what "probiotics" are. Is that a brand name, or the name of a line of products designed to help the health of our intestines? Would you recommend a particular brand for someone wanting to try this method? If not appropriate to endorse a particular brand or place to get it here, would you please let me know at my e-mail (pamderry@aol.com) instead? Thanks in advance, I value everyone's expertise, I'm just now learning about a lot of this stuff!

Have a good day,
    Pam
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm just learning more about leaky gut syndrome & the role it may play in my CFS. Could you explain more, please, about exactly what "probiotics" are. Is that a brand name, or the name of a line of products designed to help the health of our intestines? Would you recommend a particular brand for someone wanting to try this method? If not appropriate to endorse a particular brand or place to get it here, would you please let me know at my e-mail (pamderry@aol.com) instead? Thanks in advance, I value everyone's expertise, I'm just now learning about a lot of this stuff!

Have a good day,
    Pam
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I know the confusion in picking one - I was once told the better ones are the ones that are bought out of the fridge - also they should have all 3 things in them, lac...something....bac...something..and something else??? And the other thing I look for is a good coating, one that guarentees delivery (apparently the lacs & bacs can run into trouble on their way thru)Hope somebody comes along who knows a little more than me but its a start! AMY
    Also - this site's store sells probiotics and probably gives a much better description of what they do then I can
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

And I personally have not purchased anything here before but I do plan on patronizing this place only for my supplements as I so much appreciate this board and I want to help support it.

Jaci
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I did not realize this place sold them--still learning! I will check them out!

Pam
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...for all your help! I will check all this out. I'm just in the learning curve with this, but I have an appt. with a new doc here, an MD who up on all this candida & leaky gut stuff, so I'm excited to learn more about all this myself.
    Thanks for educating someone who is just finding out how much our intestines' health can influence this illness (heard about all this before, but never looked into it in detail...)

Grateful Hugs,
    Pam
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Click on the tab at the top of the page. You can also order a catalog which I recommend because all the products are in order of what they do for our symptoms. You can click on the same categories online and you can get more info on the products. There are people available to answer your questions too.

Good probiotics contain FOS which helps them get all the way past the stomach and into the intestines. Be sure to refrigerate them when you get them home.

Love, Mikie