Mikie - Outlanders

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Funnily enough, these books have different titled over here in UK.

Cross Stitch, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, The Fiery Cross, Lord John and the Private Matter.

Thats what the librarian told my hubby anyway.

I've started and I'm already enjoying Claire, what's to become of poor Frank when she starts her adventures, that's what I want to know. ha ha

Thanks for pointing me in this direction, it's going to keep me amused for a long time.

love
    Rosie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

"Dragonfly In Amber," "Te Fiery Cross," and, I -hink, "Voyager" are the same names for some of the later books. "Outlander" is the name of the first one here. "Lord John" is not one of the books in the series but is a tangent book about one of the characters in the series. Gabaldon found Lord John so fascinating that she decided to go off subject and write a book just for him. I haven't read that one. Her fans were angry with her for doing this as it takes two years for her to write a new book and everyone anxiously awaits the next one.

OK, I found my newest book and her books are listed as: "Outlander;" "Dragonfly In Amber;" "Voyager;" "Drums In Autumn;" "The Outlander Companion"(non-fiction); "The Fiery Cross;" and "Lord John And The Private Matter." This new book is called, "A Breath Of Snow And Ashes."

I am forcing myself to finish the non-fiction book I'm reading now before starting this one. I did read a few pages but if I don't finish the other one, I never will. I've only one chapter to go and it's the best chapter of all.

Hope you enjoy the story. Keep my updated.

BTW, there is a website, I think it's called, Ladies of Lollybroke or Lollybrook. It's for Gabaldon's fans. She has her own website and I'm sorry I went there. I love her books but she has such contempt for her fans and readers--real arrogance. I was surprised. I have to separate the writer from her works.

Love, Mikie
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

looks like it's just the first book that has a different name.

I now must go on her site and witness this woman's arrogance for myself. How strange to set up a site then brush off the very people who read your books and make you rich.

Yes, I've got a good while's reading here thanks to you. I am absolutley hopeless at going to the library and choosing for myself, I look to my daughter and one friend to supply me with little gems.

Wonder why the first book is called Cross Stitch in UK?

Thanks again, I'll let you know how I get on.

love
    Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 02/12/2006]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just read my last post here and it looks as though I was drunk. I didn't reread it before posting. Yikes! Guess I'm more tired than I thought.

I haven't been to the Gabaldon website in several years. Perhaps she wised up and got rid of the sarcastic demeanor and talking down to her readers. Even if it's gone, I still have the unflattering image of her in my mind. I would think her publisher would rein her in a bit. She is evidently a very smart person and well educated.

Now, I'm chomping at the bit to read this new one. I keep thinking I'll buy the companion book to get more info on the historical and geographic details and also how to pronounce some of the names.

Take care.

Love, Mikie