Mikie - Outlanders

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Hi Mikie

I hope you're feeling well today. I just wanted to say that I've been reading CrossStitch - and I'm sorry to say that.....

it's brilliant!! I read it from 11pm to 2am last night and then couldnt get to sleep til after 6 and then my dreams were SO vivid and I had a terrible night. I think I will have to restrict reading this book to the daytime, it's just too exciting.

Diana Gabaldon is an excellent writer, she takes me right there, I see it all, I feel it all, I even smell it. Its a very long time since a book gripped me like that. I'm going to pass it on to my Mum, 81, who's a voracious reader, and I'm not going to say that the author is American until she's finished. She's really captured the history, the culture, the speech of the Scots.

I remember my Granny telling me all the stories of the Scots and you would have though it had just happened yesterday not 200 and 300 years ago, thats how strong their sense of history was then. Nowadays, the kids know nothing of it.

Anyway, just want to let you know how much I'm enjoying it. I'm blethering now.

love
    Rosie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I love these books and I also believe Diana Gabaldon is an excellent writer and an excellent researcher. That is why her books take so long to write. I'm really glad you are enjoying the book so much. I also could barely put it down when I started. I've always wondered why there haven't been movies made of this series. Perhaps after the last book is written, and we know why the time travel is possible, a movie will be made.

I'm sorry the book has messed up your sleep but I think that will go away as you continue to read. I also feel I am there when I read the books. These books have everything and are soooooo exciting.

Thanks for keeping me updated on how you are enjoying the book. I'm really glad you like it.

Love, Mikie