Mikie - please read and answer?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bellesmom, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I got my written denial for reconsideration from Soc Security today and in it was this portion - have you seen this before?

"The evidence does not establish the existence of a medically determinable mental impairment."

Does Social Security think of fibro/CFIDS as mental?

Thanx
    Pam
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

If you go up to the top of this page, in the purple section, and click on "Disability", I vaguely remember a sample form to be given to your doctor. There is a TON of information there, so you may need to search a bit, but I know I have seen one somewhere, and am pretty sure this is where it was. Good luck. I should be receiving my first denial in a week or two. My file is "ready for review".
    Kathryn
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You need an attorney who will help you build a case for your disability. For some reason, SS believes you are trying for disability based on mental incapacity. A lot can depend on the person at SS who initially determines your disability. It is at the appeals hearing that the decision is made. Almost everyone gets turned down twice. You have plenty of time to get your stuff together for a hearing. A good atty. will refer you to a doc who can document your impairments for SS.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie