Mikie...question about deleting...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bluewing, Nov 22, 2006.

1. bluewing

bluewing New Member

Is it a no-no to delete messages? I deleted some just to have only one page showing on my 'profile.' Hope I didn't cause trouble for anyone!

You could put what I know about computers in a thimble.
    Thank you in advance..

Mary

PS So sorry about your tooth. As the old country song goes, "If it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all." You've got to stop this!! :)
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is nothing against the rules in deleting your posts but if you delete a post which was the original post in the thread, the whole thread gets deleted and it's all lost. It can also make a thread not make sense if someone responds to you in the thread.

I'm not quite clear on why you only want one page of posts in your profile. This website has a lot of storage, so it isn't a problem to leave them there. Old posts can be a gold mine for someone doing a search on something specific.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie

BTW, thanks for your concern about the tooth. Actually, I look at it as lucky that I can afford such a good endodontist and that once it's fixed, I should start feeling better. Of course, that's what I thought about the gb surgery :)
    [This Message was Edited on 11/22/2006]
  3. bluewing

bluewing New Member

Hope I didn't cause anyone problems. Thank you for answering my questions, I didn't really know what a thread meant.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! Love to you..
    Mary
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

No foul--no harm. It's really no big deal. Don't worry about it. A thread just refers to the whole string including the original post and all the posted responses beneath it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Love, Mikie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Not to use one's name, especially the full name in a public online place. I don't blame you for deleting your posts. We need to feel safe in posting here.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]