Mikie question about mycoplasma

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hootie1, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I am curious about something- I have read the Nicolson's information on mycoplasma and am wondering whether my son and husband could have been infected.

My son, at 5 weeks old, was hospitalized with pneumoniae. I will talk with my FFC doctor next week when I see him, but I am curious about your thoughts. I guess this is applicable to the other viral and bacterial infections as well.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Well, I do know that the mycoplasma infection was found in Gulf War Vets' families, including children and pets. Some babies were born sick, so I would say it's probably well within the realm of possibility. I am so sorry your liitle guy was sick. How old is he now? If you've said before, forgive me; my memory just sucks lately.

Love, Mikie
  3. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

He is 11 now. He'll turn 12 in September. I just might sneak in a blood test at some point. I sure wouldn't want him to go through what I did, but I can say that he appears to be acidic, just like me.

I think that I'll have to spend some time learning about an alkaline diet and get our family moving in that direction. He'll never know it.

He doesn't get sick very often and is an extremely bright boy. Because of this, I doubt that he is affected too much at this point, but from time to time, he does get fatigued and has pains, although I don't want to jump to conclusions. I'll talk with the doctor, but at least because I have been learning so much about infections, etc, I will be a big help to him later.

Again, Mikie, thank you for your time.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad your son gets along so well. It is a bit troublesome, though, that he suffers from fatigue and pain even though he seems to recover. That is basically how I was until the mycoplasma infection came along and by then, I simply could not completely overcome it.

You son's youth will work well for him now, but I can understand your concern that later on, he may have problems. With the mycoplasmas, or any chronic infection, the sooner one gets it under control, the better.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  5. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Thanks Mikie.