MIKIE - RE: HGH stimulant

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen55, Feb 13, 2003.

1. karen55

karen55 New Member

Mikie, I notice on another topic you mentioned you take the HGH stimulant. Exactly what do you take, and did you purchase it here? And for what reason did you start taking it?

I'm asking all these nosey questions because of my IGF-1 problem. Some lab contacted me this week about this stimulation test. They are NOT Eli Lilly as my Dr. had told me, and they do NOT provide it free of charge, also as my Dr. told me. However, I told the person who called me that if it was not covered by insurance I could definitely NOT afford to pay the $900 for it at this time, and she called my insurance co. and they have agreed (according to her) to pay for it as an in-network diagnostic procedure since there is no one locally on the plan.

Anyway, not sure when this will take place, but one thing is certain, and that is my IGF-1 level is way low. I have no intentions of taking the HGH injections so I'm looking into alternative options.

Thanks,

Karen
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just bought mine at the health food store, but they now have the product here. They also have the IGF-1 Max here, and I think I'll order it instead of the hgh when I run out. It's the IGF-1 that we are really after anyway and I understand that going right for the IGF-1 instead of leaving it to the liver to produce it is easier on the liver.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. karen55

karen55 New Member

Thank you!!!

Karen
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Please do a thorough web search before spending your money. With all due respect to Mikie, nothing but the injections work.
    Klutzo
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

How much do you actually know about the injections? All I know is what I've read in the last few weeks, and I've read that the stuff is linked to cancers. Do you have any info you could share with me? The (possible) cancer risk, plus the cost are reasons I don't want to start that, if it's indicated.
    And since we're on this subject, I have a question:
    If this IGF-1 hormone is produced during REM sleep, and you haven't really gotten much (or any) REM sleep for a number of years, is that what causes your pituitary gland to stop producing or not produce enough of it, even after you start getting quality sleep?? And if you start getting fairly regular quality sleep, could it start producing it on it's own?? This is all so deep and overwhelming!

Karen
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think whether the stimulants "work" depends on whether one is simply low in Hgh or one is depleated. I know that when I take the Hgh, my wight is easier to manage, I have more energy, my vaginal lubrication is increased, and my libido is back to normal. I doubt this is a placebo effect. On the other hand, the Klonopin is helping me to get quality sleep, so I doubt my Hgh is completely depleated, but it must be low or the stimulants would not work.

It's hard to argue with results.

Love, Mikie
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

If it works for you, that's great, whether it is placebo effect or not doesn't really matter, if you feel better. Stimulators and secretagogues did nothing but empty my wallet, and the research backs me up...check out "supplement watch"...their website has lots of eye-opening info on it.
    The few here who have had injections are gone, back to full lives. You can address a post to "Lakediver" and see if she is still reading here, but she is well thanks to injections, and doesn't come here much anymore. I don't know of anyone taking anything but shots who has actually gotten well like that.
    PaulMark is still around, I think, and is the one person who did not get well from injections. He's had a lot of problems with them,and I know he was getting them from a cheap place, so you could post to him.
    I cannot afford it without getting into a study, like the Eli Lily one, where it's free or greatly reduced in cost, so I have not had injections personally. Eli Lily requires an hGH Stim test, which is not convered by my insurance, and which costs about $800. They will not accept IGF-1, which my regular doc did, and was covered by ins.
    From my reading on this, you are carefully monitored during injections for hGH levels, so that your levels do not go higher than a normal person's. Therefore, you would have no more cancer risk than normal person has.
    Theoretically, if you got deep sleep again you should start to produce hGH again, unless you had a pituitary tumor.
    You can easily find out all this info and much more by doing a websearch, as well as clinics on the Internet which will provide testing and the hGH and needles, and come to your home and teach you how to inject yourself, IF you can afford it. They will also answer your questions by e-mail and send you extensive info. There is one in Palm Beach, Florida that will call you and answer all your questions on the phone if you wish.
    If your IGF-1 is that abnormal, I would think you could get an Endocrinologist to fight with your insurance company for you to get them to pay for the Stim test, and then you could get into the Eli Lily humatrope study.

Klutzo
    [This Message was Edited on 02/14/2003]