Mikie regarding Synvisc

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granny1353, Aug 7, 2005.

1. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

Thank you for your reply and for the suggestion to check with my insurance first. I plan on doing that first thing in the morning, but I would never had thought of it on my own.

I hope I have as good results as you have, did it hurt alot? I have had cortisone injections so I have some idea what it is like, is it worse?

Thank you again, and also for your great job you do for all of us on the board.

By the way how is you grandson doing? Please post new pictures when you can.

Love
    Granny
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for your kind words. Little Andy is doing fine. My daughter says she falls in love with him all over again every day. Thanks for asking. I look at his picture and it's better than any medication.

The Synvisc is thick and sticky, so it takes more pressure to inject it, but they use Lidocaine or one of the other "caines" to numb it first. The first time, I could actually feel the gooey stuff going in but it didn't hurt. The worst part is the sting from the numbing shot. It's no worse than the cortisone injections.

It actually feels really good right afterward because it's still numb. I suggest icing up the knees when you get home. It's been several months since I had it done and it seems it is still continuing to improve. If the benefits last a year, I would consider having it done again in another year.

Best of luck to you and I hope your ins. covers everything.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator