MIKIE ... SEA SALT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peking, Sep 22, 2003.

1. peking

peking New Member

Thanks for the tip; where do you buy sea salt? And how much salt to water?

Love,
    Deb
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I get my sea salt at the healthfood store. It's not the cheap stuff. It's from France and is naturally dried and not processed. It's more like flour than grainy like salt usually is. Any good natural sea salt is good.

I have forgotten the measurements. I don't make it too strong. About like when ocean water gets in your nose. I have a little dropper bottle and I know just about how big a pinch for it.

Experiment a little. If it's too strong, it will irritate the nose. I'm sorry I can't help with the amt.

Good sea salt is great to just take and slug down with lots of water. It contains lots of minerals if it is not processed.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

This is Shirl, not Mikie, you are supposed to drink half your body weight in OUNCES of water a day, and take a 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt throughout the day. I can just put the salt on my tongue and let it melt, but others do not like salt like I do...........

I get my Sea Salt from the healthfood store, its called; 'Redmond Real Salt' I also use 'Alessi' coarse Sea Salt, most supermarkets as well as healthfood stores carry it.

There are other brands, so you will no doubt get a lot of response on the best brands of Sea Salt! Its a matter of taste and whatever on Sea Salts.

You might want to get the book; 'WATER: For Health, For Healing, for LIfe' by F. Batmanghelidj, MD. Its a great read, there is also a website for the watercure.

HOpe this helps.................

Shalom, Shirl

OOP'S I gave you the wrong information! Sorry, my head in not screwed on too tightly these days............

Heres the formula for nose drops; 'Mix 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt to 4 ounces of water for nose drops'. If it feels too strong for you, then add more water.

[This Message was Edited on 09/22/2003]