Mikie, Shirl READ please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AC77, May 19, 2003.

1. AC77

AC77 New Member

see my last post under "pharmacist let son have my oxycontin."
    Very important. Illegal activity going on that is making all us honest medication takers lose our right to pain control. Pl
  2. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi Ac,
    I am not happy to see a scam for drugs on this board. What are they thinking? Hope this bumps up your request.
    Soft Hugs,
    Sandy (Cass)
  3. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for your alert. The person has been banned from using our site. I didn't think anyone could pick up oxy without a written Rx in hand. It makes me very sad that anyone would do this, but as I said, we will not tolerate any illegal activities here.

Thanks for your help. I don't know how much oxy costs, but the $1,200 figure for a month did seem awfully high. We are so trusting here that it takes time for it to sink in that anyone here would do this.

Love, Mikie
  5. AC77

AC77 New Member

because my memory is so bad i forget sometimes. But it is correct. Like I said for ANY schedule II (2) drugs you must have a written Rx in your hand. There are NO refills allowed. You need a new Rx each time to refill. Plain and simple. It makes me sad I actually posted to help this women to get more meds and later to find out she was a lier and just wanted people to mail her medication which is a super huge illegal offense. I understand she had a problem, but it wasnt pain, it was her addiction and she may have had no control over it. She needed rehab not this board. It is because people like her that we all as a group can't get opiod pain medications when we need them for pain.

I hope she finds a way to break her addiction pattern and doesnt come back to this board under a new screen name!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am not sure of the technical workings of the site, but if this person comes back in another persona, she (or he, who knows?) will start showing drug seeking behavior right away and we will simply ban her or him again.

The vigilance of our members is the best defense against this. Thanks all.

Love, Mikie
  7. KayL

KayL New Member

what the volume of new membership applications here is(although I would think it's high), but I do have some experience with moderating and approving membership in the past for a parenting site. We did run into some problems attempting to block site-abusers' IP addresses, in that it prevented others in the direct neighboring area from also accessing the site. I'm not that "software-knowledgeable", so I don't remember the particulars.

I think it's really sad when people take advantage of others for such purposes, but there ARE a great many people out there who need psychological help, and as a dear friend of mine constantly reminds me, "this IS the internet".

:)

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 05/19/2003]
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

AC, I welcomed her/him too. It was a sad story she told, but these boards are targets for those kinds of people.

I sure hope they get the help they need. Its not a doctor for sure in the sense of normal pain meds to say the least.

They truly need a rehab center.

Don't feel bad, its likly to happen again!

Shalom, Shirl
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

People pick up on this stuff long before I do (I'd never be moderator material)! You guys are GOOOOOD, thanks for watching out for us all!!!

Hugs,
    Pam