Mikie, slept great!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janana, Sep 18, 2003.

1. janana

janana New Member

Just had to tell you.... I took 1/4 of klonopin around 11am under my tongue and than the full 1mg at 7:30. Wanted to go to sleep early. I was asleep by 8:30 only woke up twice once by my son who was excited about a new job. But I was able to get right back to sleep and feel rested. Whoopee!!!! First deep restful sleep I've had in at least a year!! I did take zinc, b-6 and mag with it. Thanks again!! Janana
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good for you! I'm glad this is working. The formula in the ZMA is even better than taking the ingredients separately. Do not take your calcium at night when using the magnesium.

I'm glad you are doing so well with this. Klonopin can take a little bit to work, but the longer you use it, the better it seems to work. If it does not continue to work, ask your doc about taking a little more, but one mg. usually is sufficient. In fact, I have cut back to 1 1/2 tablets because that's all I need and I awaken bright eyed and bushy tailed at that dose feeling very rested.

Klonopin, according to Dr. Cheney, protects our neurons from death due to overfiring. I always carry 1/4 tablet pieces around with me to take during the day. I believe this small amount calms the overfiring of the neurons and keeps us from having ups and downs and allows the night dose to work more effectively.

Thanks for the update.

Love, Mikie
  3. Dinee

Dinee New Member

I was put on 50 mg. of Trazodone 10 yrs. ago for Fibro insomnia. I've added 10 mg. of time-released Melatonin this year, but now I'm taking an hour to get to sleep and waking up at 2..., 3..., 4..., etc. - then sleeping soundly between 6 a.m. and noon.

I've read about Klonopin, but am concerned about weight gain. I've already gained 35 lbs. What do you think?

thanks, dinee
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That weight gain is a side effect of Klonopin.

Love, Mikie
  5. janana

janana New Member

Trazadone wired me up like every other med Ive tried. Klonopin is the only one that has helped me sleep and greatly reduced my pain. I still wake up a few times at night but I can get back to sleep and usually get 6-7 hrs a night. A miracle for me! I have more energy and my depression has lifted. Feel like my old self again!! Mikie recommended ZMA Its mag, b-6 and zinc. Seems to help with sleep also . Youc an buy it on here. I take it at night with the Klonopin. Good luck to you!! Janana
  6. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Hi All,
    My Klonopin is 0.5 mgs. So how many do I take at night?
    I never sleep well and take Excedrin PM sometimes too.
    I have so much neck and back pain--it's hard to sleep.
    Thanks Shirley
  7. janana

janana New Member

I take 3/4 of a 1mg pill so.. .75. And I usually take 1/4 of a pill midday. The ZMA sold here works great with it for sleep. Zinc, mag and b-6. You might need to up your dose. Check with your doc. I went thru many many meds until I found this one that finally worked. Good luck!! Janana