Mikie ... stopping in to give you an update on my progress

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CelticLadee, Mar 27, 2006.

1. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Hello Mikie!
    Good to see you are still here and still working toward good health. It has been awhile since I've been over here to visit you so I thought I'd stop by and give you an update on my progress. You are always so open and interested in how we all are doing.
    I have been on the Marshall Protocol for 18 months now. I have had some improvements such as no more migraines, fibro type pain levels were down and no more muscle spasms, improved stamina ... meaning could do more house chores. Still not able to run but can walk further than before without fatigue. I got all the way to starting Phase 3 on the MP when all hell broke out. My liver counts skyrocketed and I started getting really sick so Sujay pulled me off all antibiotics. Now I am on heparin for a high D-Dimer test result and silymarin for the liver. She is going to put me on Prime Colostrum lozenges which she also uses and has had great results taming the run away immune system. Mine is just starting to take off again after no antibiotics for a month. Mainly fibro pain returning. So I am still plugging along too. But everything helps a little bit. We still believe in the Marshall Protocol but realize when your body needs alternative help you need to take care of it. As soon as my liver counts return to normal I will try some more low dose antibiotics. I haven't quit the Benicar as it really keeps me out of trouble with the migraines completely and herxing for the most part. I get bad cardiac herxing if I don't take the benicar an hour before the heparin. My intolerance to light is finally subsiding but I cannot go outdoors without my 10% or 40% NoIR's (eye shields block UV, infra red and other light rays)But I don't have to wear the 2% ... the darkest ones anymore. Woo Hoo!

I see you are still taking transfer factor and getting herxing from it. You are such a fighter hanging in there with it. All those days you struggled so fiercily with it. I just could not take the migraine headaches anymore. Fortunately for me the benicar was my answer. We are all so different yet so alike.

Geez ... I cannot believe all the new people here. I don't see any of the old people and wonder what happened to them? But it really strikes me how many more victims of this disease have come looking for answers. My oh my ... they make such a big deal out of avian flu and here is an epidemic under their noses already. Ya know?

Well, great knowing you are here and helping people out. I know you really helped me on so many days I just wanted to scream. I will always be thankful to you for your help, humor and generosity in sharing. Blessings upon you my friend.

CelticLadee
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Wow! It's good to hear from you. I'm sorry that things went downhill for you after making such good progress. I hope and pray things will get better. These long treatments do have their ups and downs.

Yes, we do have a lot of new members but a few of us golden oldies are still around. I no longer moderate because I have had so much to do around here and have felt better and better, with a few relapses thrown in. I am going to be checking into the SSA's Ticket To Work Program to see whether I can find part-time work.

It is soooooo good to see you post. I hope this means you will at least pop in now and then. Tell Sujay I said, "Hi." I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you can get back to the treatment which seems to help you so much. Take care.

Love, Mikie
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I was never a very frequent poster, so my name may not ring a bell for you, but yours does for me and Sujay's name, has it been years??????

Glad you dropped in!!!!!

Fondly, June

5. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

You got that right ... LOL ... these long treatments DO have there ups and downs. Somedays I feel like I am ready to step back into the real world of the living ya know? I get so euphoric from it and then get lofty ideas. LOL But when I feel that way and try to do something big I realize I have a ways to go yet. But on the other hand I never get as sick as I use to get and the recovery time is so much shorter. As we kill the pathogens that have invaded our immune system we slowly restore ourselves back to health. You just never realize how many beasties have invaded your body until you try to kill them all.

Awesome! I am rooting for you. So glad you are feeling better and better. That job program sounds hopeful and I pray you get the perfect job for you. That would be so cool. Being employed again would just be the greatest morale booster. Earning an income again would be a blessing too. My illness has set us back a great deal.

So who are the moderators now?
    (Hello moderators and thank you for doing this most valuable task. This board was my life line in the early days of my illness so I have the highest regards for you.)

I will try to pop in more often. As you get more well and can do physical things again you tend to not spend as much time sitting in front of the PC looking for answers & support. Part of the progress in the healing cycle. It is great to become more active and I am looking so forward to more of it. I have so many things pent up inside of me that I want to do. LOL. I am sure you know the feeling.

Yes, I will make a point to remember to tell Sujay "hi" for you. She is doing remarkably well these days. She is working her practice four days a week now. She looks better than ever and is pursuing new goals in her education. She keeps very busy and is helping a lot of patients find their way back to health. I don't know what I would do without her. She keeps me out of trouble that is for sure. I am very blessed to have her for my Doc.

Hey Tonakay ... thanks for the bump!

Hey Intunejune ... I vaguely remember your name I think ... LOL ... I have such a great memory anyway ya know? Sometimes I think my brain must have holes in it by now but hopefully they will heal. <wink> Yeh, I think Sujay probably hasn't posted here for a couple years now. I had gone over to the Transfer Factor board here while using that treatment before I went to the Marshall Protocol.

Great to hear from both of you. Appreciate your warm & thoughtful messages very much. Put a smile on my face to start the day. Hope you have a great day.

My best to you,
    CelticLadee
  6. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Hello Honora,

I understand why you would consider the possibility of my having hemachromatosis as I see many of my symptoms reflect that possibility in my recent post.

However, I do know that excess iron isn't a problem for me. On the contrary I have been iron deficient anemic for several years now. My recent test in Jan. 06 shows my serum iron at 14 (35-150 mcg/dL reference) and my ferritin 8 (10-120 ng/mL) Then also my most recent tests just done this month also show my hemoglobin & hematocrit are low which would reflect that the low iron levels continue. Fortunately none of the above are dangerously low because I really would not want to venture into iron supplementation at this time. Upon reading about cell wall deficient bacteria invading the immune system I have learned they rather like having bountiful iron supplies available to do their dirty work more effectively. I plan to starve them as much as possible. LOL.

Nevertheless Honora ... it was lovely to make your acquaintance. You seem like a very caring person to have taken the time to share this interesting & valuable info. with me today. It just may help someone reading here to see a connection in their symptoms. I hope you have a great day!

All my best,
    CelticLadee