Mikie - Thanks for the excellent information

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dalphia, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Mikie, my goodness, you sound like a Professional regarding my subject. And, I might add very knowledgeable in other aspects of this illness.

Thank you so much for taking your time in explaining this in detail.......this is new to me and I need as much information as possible during this difficult period.

Do you have a doctor working with you with your own protocol and where did you come up with this on your own????
    Research, I'm sure...............

Again thanks,
    DD
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Basically, I went through obsessive researching about 4 1/2 years ago when I first got very sick. It was slow going because there is such a HUGE learning curve in the beginning. I would hear about things here and then go research them until I kept bumping into info I had already seen. Only then did I feel as though I had adequate knowledge. I no longer research like this unless I find something new.

Things unfolded one at a time for me and as I learned more and consulted my docs, new treatments were added. Basically, what my docs and I ended up doing was what the FFC's are doing now. They weren't around back then. The FFC's do a lot of testing which we didn't do. Everything we did was empirical and we judged the efficacy by the results. Herxing is always a good indicator that a treatment is working.

I am very lucky that I had docs willing to help me, but my thorough research had a lot to do with it. I printed out the info I found, usually from three different sources, and I highlighted and annotated in the margins to help the docs save time.

I'm glad if anything has helped you from my own experience. I think we need to share our knowledge, info, and experiences with others. That is another way to help build one's knowledge. I am not a medical professional, just someone who has been through years of illness and not willing to go down without a fight. It has paid of well for me and appears to be helping others too. I am so glad to see the FFC's which appear to be setting the new protocol for treating our illnesses. It is basically what my docs and I have been doing as we stumbled in the dark before the FFC's came along.

Thanks again for you kind words.

Love, Mikie