Mikie, What Cook Book for Low Carb?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gottalottalove, Aug 25, 2003.

1. gottalottalove

gottalottalove New Member

I have had to go back to work because my hubby was in an accident and I havent been on boards in a while. I remember you recommended a good cook book that Suzanne Summers uses and I need some help. I have crashed and burned and my doc is very serious about my triglycerides. Also high cholest. and I dont want to take the meds because of added side effects. Thanks Tina aka gottalottalove
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry to hear about your husband, hope he heals quickly.

I used the Suzanne Sumer's books, but mine are the first ones she came out with. Mike has the latest ones.

You can go to Barns and Nobel site and look up her latest books, their is one that is for receipts alone.

Mikie will be here in the morning, so keep your post up so she can see it.

Hope you do well going back to work too.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I pray that your husband recovers fast. Speaking of fast, the newest Somers cookbook is called "Fast & Easy," and is the best book so far. Her other cookbooks are good too. She even has one that is devoted to desserts. I recommend her SomerSweet for sweetening and baking. Her recipes for desserts incorporate the SomerSweet. It isn't cheap; you can order it from her website. I ordered a case of eight cans and that made it cheaper. I gave some to my daughters.

A low carb diet can be as exciting as anyone wants and the benefit of eating few carbs can be amazing. The best part is that it gets rid of the cravings for sweets.

Love, Mikie