*****MIKIE******

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Jan 19, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi Mikie,

How much guai do you take per day? I'm going to start it. I've got some here at home. I know about avoiding salicilic acid stuff (LOL).

I think I'll start with 300 and go up from there as the book says.

How do you know when you're "cycling"?

Thank you.
    Kendra
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Most people will cycle on 300 mgs. twice a day for a daily total of 600 mgs; however, if there is a fear of too great a Guai flare, start at 300 and work your way up. Better to start out slowly.

I started out at 300 mgs. twice a day and it worked like the book stated it would. I had been sick 11 years by the time I took it, so I wanted to speed things up. I kept increasing it until I was at 2400 mgs. a day. Every time I increased it, I had a major Guai flare. Still, I was determined to get reversed.

I am about 90 percent reversed now and take 400 mgs. twice a day. The maintenance dose in the book is 300 mgs. twice a day but because I am not 100 percent reversed, I need a little more.

Good luck to you. We have people here on the Guai and they will be happy to help too. Jude is more knowledgeable than anyone else I know.

Love, Mikie
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

When you say "guai flare" do the normal FM symptoms just become worse for awhile?

I took some this morning and I'm having more burning pain, which is what I usually have, so it may be working.

Kendra
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To know at first whether it is the Guai producing the flare or whether it's just an FMS flare one would be having anyway. Guai flares tend to be a bit harsher than usual FMS flares but not always.

The idea is to cycle between these flares and days, or even hours, of feeling much, much better.

The burning sounds like the sensation of the phosphate crystals being pulled from the soft tissue. That is what you want it to do; however, you don't want it to be so harsh that you can't stand it.

If it were me, I would stay a week on 30 mgs. a day and see what happens. If you don't feel as though you are really cycling, increase it to 300 mgs. twice a day to see what happens. That is the ideal dose for about 80 percent of those on the treatment. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

Thanks Mikie.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please let us know how you are doing. If you have any other questions, we will be happy to help. Also, Claudia, at guaidoc.com is very good at answering questions which seem to stump us.

Love, Mikie
  7. gabdeb

gabdeb New Member

Im so excitied to get started. Ive known everytime i see mikies post, she seems so together, that i want to do this, just couldnt make myself. im finally ready to do it put some effort into it and get better! Hope it goes well for you Kendra. Ill be watching for your posts.
    deb