Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simpsons, Jan 7, 2012.

1. simpsons

simpsons Member

the library for research on pro health is great resource and i use it often

there have been some very interesting additions recently

there is a facebook link but no twitter link which is a shame as this would be useful to users to promote good research and also good to promote pro health and bring new patients to our wonder supportive family here

i don t know who to ask so i thought i d mention it to you and see what you thought

i mean only for the research by the way not for posts etc

hope you are having a good new year and are as well as pos

wishing you peace health and love this year ahead
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you for your kind good wishes. I also send my best to you and hope this New Year will be your best yet.

I don't use social networking but at the bottom of the pages, there are icons for Facebook and Twitter. In the lower, right-hand corner. Do they work in the manner you're looking for?

I do know that ProHealth partners with some other websites to help spread the word about what a great place this is for support, information and products just for what ails us. I got my new catalog yesterday and ProHealth has now raised more than $3 million for research, support and advocacy from sales of products. ProHealth's founder, Rich Carson, has CFIDS/ME himself and has used this tragedy in his life to help others. A lot of people do not realize this. I, personally, find it such a great story of making the proverbial lemonade out of very sour lemons.

If it were not for this website and our wonderful, generous members, I would likely still be bedridden and on Morphine 11 years later. Everyone has been so supportive of me and so helpful. I try to give back what I can. I also have been using ProHealth products for those 11 years and am always urging other to try them because they are of such high quality, are so symptom specific and are always sold at a good price. That the proceeds provide this website just makes it all a win-win-win situation.

Thanks and if I didn't answer your question, I'll pass it along.

Love, Mikie
  3. misskoji

misskoji Member

We do have a twitter account.

You can find it here:

Thanks for your support and interest.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It went right to the ProHealth page on Twitter. Cool!

Love, Mikie
  5. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

An article here actually helped our native birds!

It was one where they had taken medication and vaporized in so the patient could inhale it without stressing so much. I thought to myself, "Well, gee, if they can do that with people, imagine what that would mean to a terrified eagle or owl. How much easier for all of us, especially the bird if we could do that!" We have had some volunteers torn to shreds trying to medicate an anxious raptor. If you've ever seen the talons, you'll know what I mean!

So we met with the board of directors and we are in the process of putting it together! Hundreds of bald eagles will thank this site for life!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is wonderful to read. You never know what ideas information can spark to help others, in this case, our feathered friends and those wonderful giving souls who tend to them.

We are losing cormorants here and researchers think it may be due to the Red Tide in the fish which the birds are eating. We have a great group here who rescue birds, including raptors. There is a beautiful falcon which perches just outside my lanai in a pine tree. I get an up close and personal opportunity to observe him.

The Red Tide is very toxic to sea life, birds, and mammals, including humans. I'm inside today because the winds are blowing this toxic algae ashore. It causes extreme exhaustion; a dry, hacking cough; and can cause neurological symptoms. I have cognitive and balance issues with it. But, I digress...

Thank you for posting this. I love ProHealth's articles and find them so helpful. Who knew one would be so helpful for birds. Please let us know how this turns out. I pray the meds can be vaporized in an effective treatment.

Love, Mikie
  7. simpsons

simpsons Member

thanks everyone i found the twitter link but it does not post the article onto twitter just takes you to the page.

it would be great if you see a great article and could share it with others so it can help them too

not all the articles seem to get posted on twitter and also this would enable people to directly post to followers useful information
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

E-mail TechSupport@ProHealth.com.

As I mentioned, except for these boards, I do not participate in social websites. I once went to Facebook and had a gazillion e-mails from people wanting me to friend them, or whatever the term is. Yikes! I don't have the time. I'm sure it's great for some people but this keeps me busy enough.

Love, Mikie
  9. misskoji

misskoji Member

I think I misunderstood your question before. Sorry about that.

On every article page, there is a tool box, on the right hand side of the page. It has links for facebook, twitter, and many other social media sites.

I hope this helps.