Mikie

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by s-rose, Nov 19, 2004.

1. s-rose

s-rose New Member

I'm sorry if I posted something I shouldn't have.

I wasn't trying to say my religion is the only way.

I quess I'm afraid to write anything now because I don't want to lose priveledges as this web site has saved my life.

love and prayers,
    Susie Rose
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I also removed the Wicca post because it started to get into the area of the "one true religion." Most of the people who post here are Christians and it is easy for people to assume that everyone here is of the same religion; however, this board is nondenominational and we do have to respect others' beliefs.

When there are posts which get into the area of only certain beliefs or religions being the right one or the only way to heaven or salvation, it is insulting to others who have different beliefs. Each of us believes our religion is the right one or we wouldn't practice it.

There are many Christian boards where one can witness for that religious belief. I suggest if one wants to do that, one use one of those boards. Here, we mainly ask for prayer or offer to pray for one another.

While it is OK to witness and to talk about God, Jesus, The Lord, Jehovah, Allah, or however one is used to worshiping and praying, we cannot witness that any one religion is the only way to be saved or get to heaven. We cannot say any one religion is the true religion either.

It is OK to say that "Jesus answered my prayers," but it is not OK to say that "Walking in faith and conducting ourselves in the manner Jesus taught is what will get us to heaven," even if one believes that. There are religions which respect Jesus but do not accept Him as God.

This just isn't the place for comparing religions. We come here to pray for one another, to offer inspiration, and to accept one another regardless of our beliefs. It doesn't matter to me what anyone else believes in. If he or she needs prayer, I'm ready to pray for him or her. If I need prayer, I'm happy and grateful to have anyone of any denomination pray for me.

I hope this helps you to know what is OK to post and will help everyone and not offend anyone or be divisive.

Love, Mikie
  3. s-rose

s-rose New Member

Your explanation Helps alot.
    I am also very willing to accept prayers from all and will offer prayer to anyone.

Love and Prayers,
    Susie Rose