Mikie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

we've been looking out for a post from you and I see you answered Elaine's one.

Sorry you had to go home from your job, hope you get better soon.

How are you doing with the training Mike, are you enjoying it, are you okay healthwise (apart from the cough).

Love to hear how you're doing.

love
    Rosie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

How sweet of you to ask. Thank you. I hope you are doing well.

I'm tired but rested up this weekend and hope the cold and cough are under control enough that I can cut the muster this coming week when they QA us. It's the last week of full time and I can't wait to get my part-time schedule.

I am amazed that I can still learn and retain, at least, some of it. There is soooooo much to have to know in order to do the job. I was surprised.

Getting out, meeting new friends and laughing a lot make me feel more normal. This is one of the hardest things I have ever done but it is a huge milestone in my healing. I have the luxury of looking at it as just a job but I do want to do well and enjoy it. Still, I'm not so invested in it that if it doesn't work out, I'm devastated.

I'll let y'all know how I am doing at the end of the week. Again, thank you for thinking of me. My best to you and everyone here. BTW, I started back on the MCP last night and am detoxing today. It could be the MCP or the ABX; who knows? I think it will help me get over the cold, so I want to get back on track. I know it was helping me before I quit. Someone mentioned that as our immune systems become more normal, we may get a virus or two. This cold is raging through the whole company, so I guess getting it is "normal."

Love, Mikie
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

yes, I imagine getting back into the workplace takes some doing though being able to socialize with other people again on a regular basis must feel so good.

You've done so well Mikie, I have a huge amount of respect for you.

I know there are many here who wonder how you're getting on so please do give us an update when you have the time.

I hope your cold goes soon.

love
    Rosie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are so sweet! The company is giving me a hard time about not being able to work five days a week, four hrs. a day. I have to get a note from my doc. Between dragging my sick self in every day when feeling like crap, the pressure, having to absorb a huge amount of info to do the job, and my trainer's treating me like I'm a slacker for leaving early on Fri., I'm about ready to kiss this off.

I do like the job and want to stay, but if they give me any more problems about the schedule, I'm outta there. I've been bounced around from HR, to scheduling, and now, to the team leader. I need to check my rights with the Americans With Disabilities Act. Geez, they bend over backwards to rearrange schedules for students.

Sorry to vent, but I, and several others there, have about had it. We've lost quite a few from training now. I'll update you on what is going on. Thanks again for your kind works and encouragement. It couldn't have come at a better time. I hope you are doing well.

Love, Mikie
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I don't blame you for thinking about leaving. You've been through too much to put up with that kind of behaviour.

It's a real shame but you have to be happy at work, to be with people who consider your situation.

Hope it works out. I'm just coming out of a very long relapse Mikie, fingers crossed I'll have a decent break.

love
    Rosie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I pray that you come out of the relapse and achieve healing. You deserve it! BTW, I did end up quitting after praying and meditating on it last night. There is an update on the FMS/CFIDS board.

Love, Mikie