Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by selma, Sep 13, 2002.

1. selma

selma New Member

It's true that we only have one Mom, and we do expect them to live forever. Having her go so quickly may not have given you a chance to say goodby. It sounds like you had a close relationship. Celebrate her life by living the way she would have wanted for you.
    She will be with you always.
    Talk to her and I know that you will get an answer.
    Tell her of the little things. We don't know the whys of many things. Drs., Sages, Even Prophets asked God, "Why"

Almost everyone feels some guilt over someone they love that has passed from this world to the next. Should haves
    could haves. Had we known. Why didn't I see...

This DD is enough for us to deal with.
    Take good care of yourself.
    You are the only You we know.
    We need to connect and reach out.
    I'll pray that you are able to heal. It takes time.

Hugs, Love, Peace and Hope, Selma
  2. selma

selma New Member

It's true that we only have one Mom, and we do expect them to live forever. Having her go so quickly may not have given you a chance to say goodby. It sounds like you had a close relationship. Celebrate her life by living the way she would have wanted for you.
    She will be with you always.
    Talk to her and I know that you will get an answer.
    Tell her of the little things. We don't know the whys of many things. Drs., Sages, Even Prophets asked God, "Why"

Almost everyone feels some guilt over someone they love that has passed from this world to the next. Should haves
    could haves. Had we known. Why didn't I see...

This DD is enough for us to deal with.
    Take good care of yourself.
    You are the only You we know.
    We need to connect and reach out.
    I'll pray that you are able to heal. It takes time.

Hugs, Love, Peace and Hope, Selma
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you so much for thinking of me and keeping me in your prayers. I appreciate it.

My Mother died of a massive heart attack which went on for about six hours before the cath lab was available. They were able to use angioplasty to break up the clog in the artery, but by that time, all the organs in her body had been damaged and her lungs were filling up with water. She was struggling so hard to breathe that we decided to give her something to put her into a coma and slow her breathing. Before she lapsed into her coma, I told her I loved her and knew that she loved me too. I also told her it was OK to let go and to go home. I'm glad I was able to hold her hand til the end. Before passing, she held our her arms as though to embrace someone only she could see. The look on her face was one of surprise and delight. This has been a great comfort to me.

Since Mom's passing, I have felt her presence and love and have received many "messages" from her in Heaven. I asked her to come for me when my time comes. I miss her terribly even though we were still trying to make the difficult adjustment of living together when she passed. It was horrible to see her suffer, but I am grateful that, relatively speaking, it was a quick passing.

I am still dealing with her legal affairs, but it is slow going as the stress of dealing with her death has been hard on my health. I can only deal with one or two things a day. It's getting a little easier, but her passing has left a huge void in our family and we all miss her so much. It is especially hard for my children. Even though Mom was 92, up til her death, she was vibrant and healthy. We all thought she would live to be 100.

My favorite cousin just called, and her brother, another favorite cousin and one of my Mom's favorite nephews, just had a bad heart attack, and because of his failing kidneys, surgery is out of the question. Angioplasty did not work for him. He will die of a massive heart attack, but the docs don't know when. There are a lot of deaths from heart attacks on my Mom's side of the family. This was very difficult for me following Mom's death and 9-11. Too much sadness.

I keep going with the knowledge that Mom would want me to get on with my life, but I am in therapy trying to deal with my sadness. Again, Selma, thank you and bless you for your kindness.

Love, Mikie
  4. LynneH

LynneH New Member

Hi Mikie. It's so good to see you again! It's so nice that you saw the look on your Mom's face when she saw what only she could see...also, that you've had messages from her.
    My Mom died in 1976, but I still remember to this day a dream I had about a month after she died. I KNOW that she was talking to me through a dream. I remember it vividly and recall the words, as though I just heard them today. She explained what it was like where she was and it was absolutely wonderful!

Love, Lynne
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I too recently loss my Mom, back in July, and I know what you mean about Missing them and Talking to them.

Jackie told me a little of what you were going through and I have said Prayers for you.

This is something that was on a Card that was given to the Family by my Mom's Best Friends. I thought I would share it here with you,;

" You'll never Forget your Mother's Face.
    ....the sound of her voice.
    ....the gentleness of her touch
    ....they let you know you were Loved.

" You'll never forget the stories she told
    .....the traditions she handed down
    .....they let you know who you are.

" You'll never forget the lessons she taught.
    .....the things she stood for
    .....they are her gift and your legacy

"You'll never forget and you'll always know
    .....that you Honor her every day
    .....In how you Live and Who you are.

In Sympathy for the Loss of You Mother also.
    kredca4/sharon
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I hadn't even noticed you had been back. We've really missed you around here. I hope you'll be able to return, even if it's on a limited basis. Shirl has done a wonderful job of holding down the fort, but it's always nice to have another point of view and especially your vast knowledge.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's death. Mine is 91 and somedays I think she'll live to be 100 and others I think there's no way she'll make it. It sounds like your mom died in peace and recognized where she was going. What a nice thing to see happening as a loved one dies. That must have been comfoting to you.

Take good care of yourself and don't push to return too soon. Your well being is more important than your being here regularly. We've made it this far. You'll know when the time is right to return.

Hugs,
    Barbara
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bless you all and thank you so much for your loving and caring messages. I treasure them all and I treasure all you members here whom I have missed terribly. I've been watching John Edward since before Mom died and I believe those on the other side are with us and send messages from Heaven. He said people tend to chalk it up to coincidence when they hear from loved ones who have passed but that they do send us messages and are with us. They come to us in many ways, including dreams.

Again, y'all don't know how much it means to me that you have reached out and offered such kindness. Thank you.

Love, Mikie

8. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

I am so glad to see you again. I also, would like to add my sadness of your loss; no matter what age you are, losing your Mother is one of the hardest things to go through. I would like to share something with you. After my Mother died 3 years ago, my Brother presented me with a hand made sign that I framed and it hangs in my dining room for everyone to see. It reads," My Mother's Love It is my strength of holding on now that she is gone. I have everything I will need because I am carrying her love with me". This has my Mother's beautiful being all over it. I still miss her and I know she will always be with and within me.
    God bless, Deena
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Thank you for that lovely poem, I lost my Mom when she was yet young, and the poem for Mike was just wonderful.

Thank you for posting it.

Shalom, Shirl
  10. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

What you said about your mother reaching her arms out for someone you could not see just reinforces my belief that God sends angels to be with us at our time of leaving this planet and going home. There is no doubt in my heart that your mother is happy, painfree, breathing well and by God's side. She has realized her lifelong goal. She's better off now than all of us here! Bless her heart.....

Marilyn :)
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had a very important message, but it belongs on the Worship Board. I will try to post it there for any who want to read it. It, too, involves a beautiful poem.

Again, my friends, thank you for your loving support. I really appreciate it.

Love, Mikie
  12. PMangels

PMangels New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your mom and the tears came as I read your post. I am so soft hearted it doesn't take much for me to cry. I can feel your pain as I lost my dad and I want you to know I understand.

I was very touched by your story and how your mom reached out as though she saw someone. She did. I believe in angels. I've heard others tell of it when they came close to dying and came back that they saw an angel and heard the most beautiful music. I worked in a hospital on one such occurrence and this happened. I'm a believer.

I pray for Gods blessings on you as you try to finish up your mother legal affairs. My prayer is that he will touch your body and give you strength.

God Bless you and ((((Gentle Hugs))))
    Arlene
  13. selma

selma New Member

Dear Mikie,

You were blessed to have her in your life. Even with all the ups and downs, agreements and disagreements, we know that Mom's love is forever. You made a great decision for your Mom to Ease her breathing. Many would have not loved enough to care and also may not have been or able to be there. You AND your Mom were blessed.

I'm going to a service of rememberance tonight, and tomorrow. Even tho I havn't had the priviledge of knoeing
    herI'd like to say a prayer. Can you tell us her name?

Yes the Saddness will pass. But, her memory will live forever.

Love and huggs, Selma
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you so much for your prayers. My Mother's name is Rose. Arlene, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Father. Selma, I appreciate your remembering Mom at the service. I know she would thank everyone too.

On 9-11, I had to go to the bank. They were handing out various things, flags, Uncle Sam hats, etc. One of the tellers handed me a beautiful red rose. As I was driving home, I remembered that when John Edward sees a single red rose, it symbolizes the anniversary of a death. It was two months to the day since Mom's death. I put the rose in a crystal bud vase I had given Mom and placed it by her picture. I just got a flower drying kit from QVC and think I will try to dry the rose as it is beautiful.

Again, the outpouring of love and support has been wonderful and I appreciate it. You guys are the best. I pray for everyone of us every day.

Love, Mikie